Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine mounts - 996 options...

JS1500

I have a shot engine mount. I was intending to replace just the one with OEM but looking in to it further I think it's best I do both and probably upgrade to semi-solid.

I see there appear to be less options in the UK than in the US and that Design 911 (and probably others) have recently put the prices of RSS and Rennline up by about 100 quid.

Are there any other options to consider? Any to be avoided? Anywhere with a discount on?!

Thanks! :thumb:

massive thread on here around engine mounts and just search.

I am looking to go for the 993 RS engine mounts as they are not as harsh as semi solid and £200 for the whole kit.

is yours a track car? replacing engine mounts to OEM can have a big change on the ride and feel too. plenty of oem and other options.

RSS or Torque solutions mounts will induce more noise into the cabin that's for sure.

I changed from stock OEM engine mounts to RSS last year. Think I sourced them from Design 911 who were about the cheapest at the time. The difference is huge and the car now handles like it's on rails :D .

However be aware there is a significant increase in cabin noise and vibration which may get annoying if the car is a daily driver.

hacka1979 said:
I changed from stock OEM engine mounts to RSS last year. Think I sourced them from Design 911 who were about the cheapest at the time. The difference is huge and the car now handles like it's on rails :D .

However be aware there is a significant increase in cabin noise and vibration which may get annoying if the car is a daily driver.

I did the same a couple of years ago in my turbo. As said a large improvement but I'm not sure there was a large increase in noise and vibration, maybe I have the radio on too loud :p . I do 9000 a year in it as a daily driver and find it fine.

I used rennline semi solid adjustable mounts on my 997.1 on the softest bushing they were livable with as a daily but there was a little NVH . I am just trialing FF semi semi solids on my gen2 these are new OE mounts filled with eurathane, my initial thoughts are similar NVH to semi solids but they may settle and bed in even the semi solids bed in a little over a few miles etc. if not I am thinking about the 993RS mounts as an option as I hear they have little or no NVH but need to see that for myself. :thumb: at the end of the day dont dismiss just new OE mounts as they will be so much better than 15/16 yr old mounts. :grin:

The Rennline's on mine were installed just last week, and yep they are a bit pricey. Think it was £340 inc discount.

As said, noticeable NVH which is like a constant thrum which you can feel in the driver seat, but trade-off for me was the massive improvement in the gearshift

NLW73 said:
massive thread on here around engine mounts and just search.

I am looking to go for the 993 RS engine mounts as they are not as harsh as semi solid and £200 for the whole kit.

is yours a track car? replacing engine mounts to OEM can have a big change on the ride and feel too. plenty of oem and other options.

RSS or Torque solutions mounts will induce more noise into the cabin that's for sure.

Thanks. No, not a track car.
I did read the other thread but was left with the above questions.
Where are the 964/993 RS mounts available for £200 all in, OPC? Thanks very much.

Type 911 do aftermarket RS mounts for £96 the pair.
They seem to have tightened things up significantly.
I did need longer bolts for the 996

McSwerve said:

Thanks for that, just what I wanted to hear. They have the pair for £96 or a kit with all bolts/washers etc for £125 - have asked them if these bolts are ok for 996 application.
:thumb:

That's a lot of money for a few nuts and bolts!

maldren said:
That's a lot of money for a few nuts and bolts!

Ah, but they are genuine Porsche RS items thus include both the Porsche tax and the RS tax! :lol:

JS1500 said:
McSwerve said:

Thanks for that, just what I wanted to hear. They have the pair for £96 or a kit with all bolts/washers etc for £125 - have asked them if these bolts are ok for 996 application.

hmmmmm - interesting!

Definitely want to see what the impression re. these is once you've fitted them (sounds like you've pretty much made the decision :lol:)

I've polybushed my suspension, including the subframe mounts - as a result the car is lovely and connected..... but this meant that RSS mounts introduced terrible NVH when I fitted them to assess the NVH (my indie had already opted to omit fitting the RSS mounts as part of a suspension overhaul due to this suspicion, but I had to prove this to myself - turns out he was right again!)

The 993 RS mounts are the first option I've seen that might be just that bit firmer than 996 OEM, yet still usable in my application

JS1500 said:
McSwerve said:

McSwerve - did it make any harsher or noisier ?
JS1500 - do you have the part number or link ?

Are these for 996tt?

Cheers

My 997.2 is with the dealer at the moment for some warranty work, one item of which is a sagging engine mount. They are just changing the one for what its worth. I did question that they were only doing the one but they considered it ok.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back