Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen washer nozzles

TobesEtc

Mexico City
Has anyone ever had to remove the windscreen washer nozzles from their bonnet? Is there a how-to guide out there somewhere? I couldn't find a 993 specific instruction anywhere - just 964 or earlier?

I need to remove them temporarily whiles some decals are applied for Le Mans. Thus no hurry!

Leave them alone if you can it's too easy to damage the paintwork and complete removal involves much screaming and hair tearing. I replaced my whole sytem last year and old hard plastic will break, the clamps on the pipes are hard to remove and the electrical connectors need a special tool to remove.

Hi,
I agree that removing the washer jets is tricky and could cause paint damage, however you may be ok. Check around the jet to see if the bonnet has been painted with them in place (mine had!). Tease them out carefully.

I removed mine before a repaint. The picture shows partial removal to give you an idea of what they look like. Hopefully for you, this is as far as you need to go. The next step, as the previous poster has said, is more tricky. The electrical connector has to be removed (difficult) and remember to leave a draw string in the bonnet to facilitate replacement.

Regards,
Alex

Attachments

• washers1_184.jpg
    washers1_184.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 4,115
Tobes ...... what livery are doing I have forgotten ....... is it a total front wrap?

Andy - Rothmans Racing. Everything was delivered this week, so now "burning a hole in my pocket" as it were.

Thanks - had seen that link, it's the best I could find, too. I might experiment with a small section of wrap to see if I can leave them in place - but it always looks better if removed and replaced, as with the bonnet badge, which is dead easy.

I always thought the washer nozzles on a 993 were only their for effect :dont know:

Oh ..... I am glad the bonnet badge is "dead easy" as that has been one of my worries of late ....... will be ordering my stuff in the next couple of days ....... Martini here we come ...... :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back