Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VMAX200 today

AdeD

Did anyone here go? I couldn't make this one but i'm booked on the April one. Whats the new track like? Stone chips etc?

I had better get booked on to next months I think :D

Now booked :D

Hopefully my car will be running!

911tom said:

Awesome, see you there :D I'm a little concerned about the vmax though, i've heard this new venue it's held at has a shorter braking zone so i may just stick to the 1/2 mile. I can't seem to get any info though so will just have to play it on the day i guess :eek: :eek:

Mezgerite said:
You'd have won Tom!

:grin: 207.8 was it not??!!!

Ade I think you are right just take it steady and build the speed up slowly. Brunters has the increased run off through the area where the cars were parked, is that the difference?

Still looking forward to seeing the new venue and catching up with a few fimilliar faces (odd term for me having prosopagnosia :frustrated: )

911tom said:
Still looking forward to seeing the new venue and catching up with a few fimilliar faces (odd term for me having prosopagnosia :frustrated: )

I had to Google that one! :D I'll come looking for you then to say Hi :D

I saw the post of the ES750 in Instagram, running on pump fuel with octanium additive. I am guessing that car running the water / meth injection?

Impressive stuff :thumbs:

AdeD said:
911tom said:

I had to Google that one! :D I'll come looking for you then to say Hi :D

:thumbs: yes please do! Either that or I'll spot you near your car.

apollokre1d said:
I saw the post of the ES750 in Instagram, running on pump fuel with octanium additive. I am guessing that car running the water / meth injection?

Impressive stuff :thumbs:

Aquamist setup yes, it's my car.

AdeD said:
911tom said:

Awesome, see you there :D I'm a little concerned about the vmax though, i've heard this new venue it's held at has a shorter braking zone so i may just stick to the 1/2 mile. I can't seem to get any info though so will just have to play it on the day i guess :eek: :eek:

Not true in reality ( was marshalling there) the braking zone is the same as brunters - but there were people who took liberties at Brunters and used unofficial run off - which is not as feasible here.

If you have concerns speak to Craig...

redbaron1973 said:
If you have concerns speak to Craig...

I spoke to Craig a couple of weeks back and he confirmed what you've just said...

trouble is for the higher 200mph+ cars they needed the extra runoff at Brunters. It still concerns me but i will see how it goes on the day and most likely stick to just the 1/2 mile times instead of actual vmax...

I ended up in a field on my first run. It was really the transition in the wet from tarmac to concrete on the run off which caught a few of us out. We were clearly warned by Craig and thank the Lord I was on a gentle sighter run. Still managed 60-186mph in 18 secs with these new do88 intercoolers. I think the catless 9e 28 will do that in 16secs!

Very light nicks and grazes to my car and on 9e geo all four wheels still perfectly straight - gives me an excuse to go for a full glass out respray now she's at 87,000 miles (was going to do this at 100,000 miles any way).

Kens pricing up a full GT2 aero conversion which I've always wanted post Isysman's . Not 100% on this but if I can persuade Teile to do me a deal might go mad like Isysman.

Car was rather quick but VBOX didn't work due to off road excurison. If anyone one wants to see top speed reached 200 meters before brake board I'm sure Ken will be happy to send you the cars log. Soon as she's ready will take her back and run standing mile in future rather than full 1.3 miles at this new venue otherwise I'll just keep on ending up in the field :grin:

I think she's a 200mph in standing mile car now - we shall soon find out..need aero to slow me down now!

Attachments

• image1_202.jpeg
    image1_202.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3,969

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back