Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can anyone tell me what Porsche this fits!

barefoot

292u3a0.jpg

I have now sold this twice on eBay once to a 996 Carerra owner and 996 GT3 owner and both have sent it back as it doesn't fit! I bought it 12 months ago off eBay advertised as a Fabspeed 996 GT3 part but I never fitted it.

In what way didn't it fit, in the engine bay or throttle body connection?

Personally I thought it looked more like a Eurocup GT induction kit :?:

Hi Kevin, This is a EuroCupGT Carrera Intake system for cars 1998-2009. This will not fit your GT3. The GT3 Kit has a 90mm intake pipe and is set at 90 degrees to the Y pipe + the shield is wrong.

Many thanks 

Cutstomer Support

barefoot said:
Hi Kevin, This is a EuroCupGT Carrera Intake system for cars 1998-2009. This will not fit your GT3. The GT3 Kit has a 90mm intake pipe and is set at 90 degrees to the Y pipe + the shield is wrong.

Many thanks 

Cutstomer Support

But it didn't fit the 996 Carrera? :?:

Yeah! I've just text the guy he's saying it didn't fit his Carrera 4S cabriole as he has an air pump on the left hand side where the air filter on this fits. Is the Carrera 4S cabriolet different to an ordinary Carrera?

barefoot said:
Yeah! I've just text the guy he's saying it didn't fit his Carrera 4S as he has an air pump on the left hand side where the air filter on this fits. Is the Carrera 4S different to an ordinary Carrera?

996 GT3 pretty sure it is.

No as eurocup replied def not a gt3 but it's looking like the guy off here tried to fit it upside down!! He swears he tried it both ways but he initially said my left side is longer than the right so it caught on his air pump then after taking the filter off the left side it fitted but didn't sit properly! My left side is shorter than the right if it's fitted correctly.... I am certain he had it upside down cos he's now saying if it fits I will have it back!

barefoot said:
I am certain he had it upside down cos he's now saying if it fits I will have it back!

Not on the forum is he :grin:

:thumb:

What money is in this, I might take the gamble and see if it fits mine, I've no sai so can't see why not. I'm not looking for a return if it doesn't fit I'll take the chance.

Well he bought it from me off here! He's adamant he tried it both ways but it wouldn't fit cos my left side was longer than the right and caught on his air pump and since when fitted the left side is actually shorter most probably to miss the air pump then methinks he's only tried it upside down! Maybe that's why it didn't sit properly 😁 I sent eurocup a pic asking was it one of theirs they said yes it does not fit a gt3 but does all 98 to 09 carreras so that means the 997 as well... U would think them guys maybe more inclined to know eh!

HSC911 said:
barefoot said:
I am certain he had it upside down cos he's now saying if it fits I will have it back!

Not on the forum is he :grin:

:thumb:

Yes I am on the forum and NO it was not fitted upside down. IV been talking to the owner who sold me this and explained to him numerous times I've removed the filters when I cleaned it all up before installing it. Even without the filters the angle of the pipe coming off my TB is to high up. The support bracket doesn't line up and didn't attempt to close the lid incase I damaged my fan or the carbon intake.

As you are looking at the engine bay on the left I have a air pump and to that side the intake arm is longer and it hits the pump. Even removed the carbon back plate and tried it with no luck. Myself and another owner returned it. We both can't be that stupid fitting it upside down can we now.

I did say to the owner it looks like a Euro cup to me and Def not a fabspeed.
It can even be a Chinese copy which needs fabricating to fitt because there is no signs of any markings it is a Eurocup.

I bought it with the idea it fitts my 911. It doesn't fit so i returned it and so did the other buyer that tried to fitt it To his GT3 I'm I sure most of you guys would of returned it too.

If it fitted my car I would of kept it as it's a lovely looking kit with the lid open.

All the best with the sale

barefoot said:
Well he bought it from me off here! He's adamant he tried it both ways but it wouldn't fit cos my left side was longer than the right and caught on his air pump and since when fitted the left side is actually shorter most probably to miss the air pump then methinks he's only tried it upside down! Maybe that's why it didn't sit properly 😁 I sent eurocup a pic asking was it one of theirs they said yes it does not fit a gt3 but does all 98 to 09 carreras so that means the 997 as well... U would think them guys maybe more inclined to know eh!

2 buyers cant be that stupid now fitting it upside down can we. I wanted it, I paid for it. You delivered and it didn't fitt and returned it.

I had 3 replies but I have deleted them... I do not want to get into a spat with one of the members on here... We had very good communication via texts and both of us I am sure are above this... If you say it didn't fit then fair enough but once fitted the left arm as u look at the engine is the shorter one....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back