Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New car purchased.

Les

Going to take a look and a possible PX on a cabriolet this weekend.
I've bought a 911 from the dealer before and we have already negotiated a price so it looks like Porsche no.7 is on its way.

My current 997.2 has been 100% perfect, just servicing and tyres in the 1.5 years that I've owned her.
Why would you sell a perfectly reliable car you say? :?: Well, that's all down to the wife.
We drove to Monaco last year for the GP, and spent the best part of 10 days driving around the Alps, Stuttgart etc. It was amazing. :thumb:

I want to go again this year but my wife says I can only do it if we have a convertible (so she can get a bit of a tan) :roll: If I'm honest I prefer a coupe, but my wife says that's the only way I'm 'allowed' to go.

So it could be goodbye to Porsche No.6 - Black Beauty (here on the Stelvio)

Stelvio.jpg

and hello to Midnight Blue No.7

midnight.jpg

Its the same year as mine, the same 3.6 DFI engine (I prefer the 3.6 - more reliable, better MPG, lower tax, and still bloody quick), same PDK. The only difference is the colour, it's had the roof chopped off and its done 25K fewer miles - which I will try to rectify ASAP.

Will let you know if I get it - already ordered some side stripes just in case ;-)

Looks good Les , any excuse to have a change .......the blue looks ace .......a man needs a change

Don't tell that to the other half though !

Enjoy the alps & Stuttgart....

I did Inverness to Stuttgart and back in my SL 55 a few years ago ....epic ( even using French toll roads!)
Fell out with my son over map reading , because these youngsters don't know how to , he nearly aborted the trip at the French/ German border ....' I'm going home'.....
We had a great time at the Museums though !

I'm planning a trip later this year to The alps myself in the GT4 .........if he can read a map now , I might take him ....

I'm thinking of going later August.
Spending a couple of days in Nice & Monaco (wife likes Nice) but taking more time to explore the roads around Lake Como and watch the F1 at Monza instead.

Les looks lovely , is it midnight blue my gen1 was midnight it looks great in the sun when clean .
blue is the new black mate :grin:

yep, its Midnight (or when it comes to keeping it clean Mid-Nightmare Blue), with blue leather.

Given your history documented on here Les, I sincerely wish you well with your potential new purchase.......A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.....especially when his wife tells him ... :thumb:

I think my current car has lifted the curse. :worship:

Great suff Les!!. Just watch for blowing you syrup off on those French Riviera auto routes :grin: :thumb:

alex yates said:
Great suff Les!!. Just watch for blowing you syrup off on those French Riviera auto routes :grin: :thumb:

My only syrup is on my sponge pudding ;-)

:grin:

Les said:
I'm thinking of going later August.
Spending a couple of days in Nice & Monaco (wife likes Nice) but taking more time to explore the roads around Lake Como and watch the F1 at Monza instead.

When driving from Nice to Monaco....don't use the autoroute as the coast road journey is spectacular :thumb:
Last August we actually took the bus at 1.50E and were so glad we did because the road works entering Monaco were a nightmare.

OP.....make sure you wear a hat :floor: a couple of years back, I drove the wife's car down the autoroute d soleil with the sunroof open...and managed to get sunstroke :nooo:

Hey Les

Great Plan!

Midnight Blue is one of my favorites

Your wife has good taste.

Just remember, the cab does everything the coupe does and then again with the roof down!

:thumb:

Les said:
yep, its Midnight (or when it comes to keeping it clean Mid-Nightmare Blue), with blue leather.

:floor: yep no easier than black to keep clean mate , but like black looks stunning with a deep wetlook shine on it the sun picking out thehint of purple in the paintwork. :thumb: :thumb:

Your missis will only allow the trip if you get a convertible so she can tan :floor: :floor:

Probably cheaper to buy her a sun bed before you go (or maybe a new wife) :?:

You can guarantee it'll probably rain for the entire trip :lol:

weebz said:
Your missis will only allow the trip if you get a convertible so she can tan :floor: :floor:

Probably cheaper to buy her a sun bed before you go (or maybe a new wife) :?:

You can guarantee it'll probably rain for the entire trip :lol:

She'll say its too cold with the roof down at speed, and we will end up driving 85% of the time with it up or slowly with it down.
That's what used to happen in my old 996.2 Cab.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back