Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back and better than before

penelson

On the way to get married on Saturday, I took my 993 even though it would normally be still tucked up in bed and while not paying attention ended up spinning on some grit (I think I was a little excited about something else) and suffer some damage.

I have been advised to find a repairer of my choice but I have no idea.

Despite this wedding hiccup I still had a great day.

I am in Fence near Burnley in Lancashire.

Road & Race Manchester

Approved Porsche repair company
Bolton Porsche Centre use them obviously-top dealer

Very high reputation :thumb:

Congratulations and commiserations. R&R do top class work they sprayed the Bolton OPC's rebuild projects which have been in their showroom.
Ninemeister did mine a while ago sprayed by Neil (who is now elsewhere but I have his number, he tracks a GT3RS) and Karl at Bretherton does a great job ( no number but he did a beautiful full respay of my mates 993.)
Not been to the Calf's Head for ages but going to RS trackday at Oulton this Friday.
If there is structural damage I would use R&R or 9m. Neither will be cheap.

Road and Race.......no substitute.

In the words immortalised by Christophe Lambert in the film Highlander:

"There can be only one!"

Road and Race, Manchester.

OPC Wilmslow hand out Road and Race cards for body work jobs

I think that's answered that one for you mate.

Ps. Congrats to you and Mrs Nelson! :congrats:

Thanks guys, called road and race and talked to the MD who by chance was celebrating his Birthday at the Fence Gate pub round the corner from me later yesterday evening. Really great guy and knows his classic Porsches and let me inspect the work as it progresses. I have given him the Insurance company details and he will sort recovering the car to get it out the rain this week.

I went through the damage in detail and he said its all fixable which is great. As I said on the day its only metal and no one was hurt, these 993's are solid lumps of metal.

The wife has brought me some driving lessons for a wedding present :floor:
and is also having the car limited to 30bhp the same as her beetle. :dont know:

Insurance companies aren't easy to deal with!

They are apparently making their decision this week.

A sickener for you. :nooo:

If it's that near the borderline the damage must be quite significant. Would you really want it back. :?:

I'd push for as good a payout as possible.

Put spec/mileage details and pics on here and the illuminati should be able to advise what monies you should be pushing for.

Good luck.

Definitely a sickener.

Road and race were happy to repair but Insurance are playing games.

Specification is as follows:

1996 993 3.6 VR C2
Black schwartz Met
Grey leather
73K ish miles
Near perfect condition

Hard back sport seats
Working AC
Full Porsche RS body kit including original 3 piece split rims
RS engine mounts, flywheel and short shift
Rear Roll cage
Full Dansk exhaust system
Big Reds for the brakes
Becker radio
996 steering wheel
New H&R suspension
Wiper widget :floor:

I think that's the main stuff.

Personally, I'd be telling the Insurance to not bother with the claim and progress having it fixed myself (out my own pocket). Last thing you want is them writing it off just because the quotes are beyond their limit. Bet you could have it fixed and back to mint condition for under a couple of grand.

alex yates said:
Personally, I'd be telling the Insurance to not bother with the claim and progress having it fixed myself (out my own pocket). Last thing you want is them writing it off just because the quotes are beyond their limit. Bet you could have it fixed and back to mint condition for under a couple of grand.
Extrapolation of Alex's point above, can you not say go the Insurance company, pay me up to the write off figure, and I'll pay for the rest myself? That way you get your car back without any black marks against it and most likely get it done to your standard as you are effectively paying for it as a private customer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back