Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Today''s prices

porkchops

Monza
Have been on the look for a new c4s and I amazed by prices especially we are still in the winter really.

Have low mileage good condition c4s from dealers really settled above the 30k now? 32k for 40k miles seems a little bit crazy to me... Wonder if they ever go for that sort of money or is it just a dealer thing...?

porkchops said:
Have been on the look for a new c4s and I amazed by prices especially we are still in the winter really.

Have low mileage good condition c4s from dealers really settled above the 30k now? 32k for 40k miles seems a little bit crazy to me... Wonder if they ever go for that sort of money or is it just a dealer thing...?

Its not unusual to now see good low mileage well specced 996 4S at high 20k
but over 30k does seem a bit optimistic as you can get a 997 gen2 C2S for not much more or a 997 gen1 4S for early 30k :thumb:

Prices for really good, lowish mileage 996s of any flavour are rising. I can see a really good low mileage C4S easily getting over £30k from a reputable dealer. A comparable 997.2 will be a good £10k more than that.

The vast majority of 996s advertised will need money spending on them - anything from a £2k to £10k+ (if there's an engine problem) depending on how handy the new owner is, hence the huge and therefore often confusing, range in pricing.

When I had my C4S serviced at Brooklands OPC in November, they had a collector spec C4S in with 14K miles up at £47K. I saw it dropped to £44k and it's now no longer on their site. No idea if it sold or what it may have sold for, but I think immaculate low milage examples could go stratospheric as there's so few around.

They've also got a 13K mile Turbo up at £65k.

Only shame is you then can't drive the bloody thing!

Low mileage cars are going to always command silly money, and if you're looking to do <1k miles a year then why not.. The prices seem pretty secure right now

...indeed; cars are over priced when you are looking to buy and undervalued when looking to sell...

Often there are people talking them down and others talking them up.

A low miles 4S even at £32k looks good value relative to other 'classic' Porsches.

I'm happy for dealers to talk them up!

Robertb said:
I'll be glad when the weather improves and people can get out in their cars and stop going on about effing prices! :pc: :frustrated:

:yeah: X 1,000,000,000

:sad:

Phil 997 said:
porkchops said:

Its not unusual to now see good low mileage well specced 996 4S at high 20k
but over 30k does seem a bit optimistic as you can get a 997 gen2 C2S for not much more or a 997 gen1 4S for early 30k :thumb:

Oi... Who do you think you are? Tom Jones?? :)

It is easy to get carried away with rising prices. Lots of cars for sale so plenty of choice. Any 996 above £20k needs to be exceptional in my opinion.
There is a decent choice of 997's at that price point as well.
I see the yellow aero C2 is still for sale.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back