Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 SC door locks

jackthelad

Hi guys,
I am having a few issues with door locks on my 911 SC ; I had to get the lock Dr out to open the drivers side.

The passenger side door will only open from the inside and when I was trying to service, lubricate it after taking off the door card the lock stopped working ! But I think its the lock mechanism not working correctly.

Is there an easy solution as taking the units out apparently involves removing the window frame and window guide !

Would it be a good idea to clean it in situ with engine degreaser and lubricate it with lithium grease as there is a build up years of previous grease. Could this be the potential problem rather than taking the window frame out with the lock mechanism ?

Can they be serviced or should the 36 year old unite be replaced ? (cost !)

Thanks in advance.

my drivers lock wouldn't lock with the key when i got my sc, i thought oh, that's just a lubrication job, or a minor part,

well, autofarm, had to supply and fit a new mechanism, lets just say, it hurt......

when you look at a car, a 911, or any other brand really, don't think a lock that isn't working is nothing, its always a big deal cost wise.

i tried taking off the door card first and squirting it etc, but it was broken....... or so i was told, i had to go with it at the time, and cough up.

good luck.

I would get onto impactbumpers.com the guys over their live and breath these models. I am sure this has been covered in the past with potential fixes. One of the guys on the forum deals in new old stock parts, you never know he might have a set of door locks lurking in his stock

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I got it sorted; Engine degreaser / Wash & blow dry ! / and lithium grease.

All seems fine now.

Cheers,
Jack

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back