Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof rails fixings built into the car roof

barefoot

Monza
How do i take the 2 strips for roof rails that are built into the car roof? How much are new ones?

I have the same problem and I think the answer is with some difficultly.
On 996.1 the screws are so weak that they will fall to pieces as soon as you try to remove them and I understand the way to go is to unclip the roof lining and undo a hex bolt inside the car.

Once removed I also understand that they can be replaced with the superior 996.2 item.

Has anyone here actually done this and can comment?

I carefully removed one last year to clean around it and wished I hadn't bothered, it was too hard to get it back properly although I did eventually manage it.

Unless you need to remove, I would say leave well alone and I would certainly not do it now when it's all cold, wait for a summer day to soften the plastic parts, they'll be very brittle today.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back