Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

History about accidennt damaged 993 required

Manfood

Hi all
This is my first post!

I am researching a silver 993 Registration number M169 MYV which I am thinking of purchasing. The car suffered accident damage to the front in 2016. I have some pics but havent worked out how to load them yet...

The car was repaired and is classified as a cat D. Unfortunately the history was "lost" so I cannot research service info or any repair bills. Also, the repairs were done really badly and panel/bumper/bonnet fit is appallingly out of line. The car drives fine with no pulling or wobbles but has clearly suffered a serious bump.....

Does anyone on this forum recognize the registration number and if so do you have any information about this car, as i am looking to purchase it.

1994 Porsche 993 3.6 Carrera S Tiptronic with sunroof.
Silver with grey leather
Cat. D - front end crash damage in 2016 and repaired very badly

Any info would be hugely appreciated. [/b]

Don't know the car but it needs to be less than 20 bags in folding to make it viable :thumb:

Thanks for the advice - he is looking for close to double that which is bonkers!

Seems optimistic for a cat D tip with no history which will need expensive work to sort properly. I presume its a narrowbody as opposed to an S, on an M reg?

Hi Robert

Yes i think you are right - he says it is an S but it looks pretty standard.....

The 'S' will relate to the gearbox as the 'S' gives gear change buttons on the steering wheel.

Near £40k for it :eek: Tell him to take Jonttt's rose tinted valuation glasses off :hand:

:nooo:

He's having a larrrrrrfffffffff

You can get a nice striaght one with no 'history" for that.

Its a £25k car at most maybe less with no paperwork either :nooo:

Manfood said:
Also, the repairs were done really badly and panel/bumper/bonnet fit is appallingly out of line.
Firstly:
:welcome:

Secondly: that has to be understatement of the week - it looks properly shonky, doesn't it?

- The front bumper can be a bit a sod to get sat just right, but that's just all over the place - and it's a different colour to the wings. Also missing the number plate plinth.

- There's also something not quite right where the front wings join the sills - on both sides.

- Looks like a dent in the OSR wing, halfway between the wheelarch and the door - possibly someone being over-enthusiastic changing the oil filter?

- Exhausts tips are seriously wonky - again, they're awkward to get just right - but the NS one is practically tucked up inside the bumper.

- Interior looks tired, especially the seat bolsters - and a super-shiny steering wheel.

It's been crashed, repaired badly on the cheap, and has no history. Leaving aside the personal choice of Tiptronic and interior colours, I wouldn't even pay 20k for that.

Better examples are available, probably for less money...

Chris993C2 said:
Manfood said:
Also, the repairs were done really badly and panel/bumper/bonnet fit is appallingly out of line.
Firstly:

Secondly: that has to be understatement of the week - it looks properly shonky, doesn't it?

- The front bumper can be a bit a sod to get sat just right, but that's just all over the place - and it's a different colour to the wings. Also missing the number plate plinth.

- There's also something not quite right where the front wings join the sills - on both sides.

- Looks like a dent in the OSR wing, halfway between the wheelarch and the door - possibly someone being over-enthusiastic changing the oil filter?

- Exhausts tips are seriously wonky - again, they're awkward to get just right - but the NS one is practically tucked up inside the bumper.

- Interior looks tired, especially the seat bolsters - and a super-shiny steering wheel.

It's been crashed, repaired badly on the cheap, and has no history. Leaving aside the personal choice of Tiptronic and interior colours, I wouldn't even pay 20k for that.

This ^^^^^. But I'd run for the hills let alone offer even £15K for it.

The seller sounds a right chancer. Avoid imo

Chris993C2 said:
Manfood said:
Firstly:

Adding to this there is something not quite right about how the NSF Wheel sits in the arch. A tad too far forward to my eyes.
How they can ask £38,990 for that car is a joke considering the two tone paint job and state of past repairs!

Front Bumper inner mesh missing too.

C.

Any Linky to the advert please :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back