Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Traffic Pro into ''94 993

hudat

Trainee
Hi folks, not posted for a while but still in 993 ownership, I've managed to get hold of a Becker Traffic Master Pro 7495 to replace the existing JVC Chameleon that is currently fitted.

I note the plugs will have to be replaced and of course fit the gps and position the microrophone etc but I note that the Becker does not fit the JVC cage. From PET there are two standard Porsche cages:
911 645 173 03 - retaining frame -95
993 645 173 00 - retaining frame for CR10

Looking at the locking tab on my new (old) Becker and the graphic of 00 on the PET, that looks like the correct one I need to order. I can only imagine the original was tossed when the JVC was fitted...

Any one had to do the same??? Will the Becker fit the 00 cage?

Thanks [/list]

I thought the Becker didn't require a cage as the dash is too cramped :dont know:

I have a Becker Indianapolis pro in my 94 993 and it definitely doesn't have a cage

Ok thanks, there's a cage installed for the JVC, I'll remove that one and see if the tabs of the Becker locate into the frame of the dash.

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated 👍

Becker slides right in, 2 little rests at the back and the side clips may need adjusting. It's a tight fit.
Best place for GPS ariel is rear parcel shelf, unfortunately. Dash top is metal lined so doesn't work well, if at all, behind dash.
Do not connect earth wire to radio chassis. As std. the Becker plugs are there unless it's been fiddled with.
I have had just about all Becker models. Currently Cascade but I think the I Pro looks best especially if it has amber display. Sat nav is a bit basic so I tend to use Iphone. You can get an adapter for early Ipods and My Iphone 4s also works as music store.

Worth checking (you may have already) whether the plugs for the JVC are actually extensions that can be removed, leaving ones that will fit the Becker.

That's what I found when I removed the sony in mine to fit a Blaupunkt.

Is it best to leave a good audio shop to do the install when it includes a DAB aerial?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back