Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cheapo ebay manfiolds

NLW73

anyone taken off oem manifolds and run these with say a top gear exhaust and 200 cell cats?

sth like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLES...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I think I read someone has been running them for a few years with no issues and some perf gains

looking at the Dansk boxes earlier and the piping looks shagged already around the bends and thinking just go top gear SS all the way

I read on here that someones Dansk system lasted them a few years tops then was junk!

I put the Turbo version on my car (probably all made in the same factory) and I can't fault them for the money. I have kept my originals also should I ever need to refit. I would say go for it and treat yourself to some nice Ti bolts/studs too. :thumb:

I've had them on for over 3 years now and they're fine. Poppopbangbang had something to say about them, to quote:

poppopbangbang said:
The Chinese ones on e-bay are actually a copy of the FVD 3.4 equal length ones. I have a set here that I got hold of as an in case of emergency option and they are actually pretty good! Ten minutes with the flap wheel to clean up some internal surfaces and they are likely to perform no different to the FVD items currently on the car.

NLW73 said:
anyone taken off oem manifolds and run these with say a top gear exhaust and 200 cell cats?

sth like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLES...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I think I read someone has been running them for a few years with no issues and some perf gains

looking at the Dansk boxes earlier and the piping looks shagged already around the bends and thinking just go top gear SS all the way

I read on here that someones Dansk system lasted them a few years tops then was junk!

Yes Alex had issue with his Dansk and the service and support was abysmal ,hes running top gear now :thumb:

and they're bob on!! :thumbs:

We all cast a suspicious eye over cheap Chinese copies. And not without foundation in a lot of cases.
I run a Ducati 1098R track bike and I holed the rad one day. When I checked with Ducati they were 650 notes!! A friend told me he'd fitted a Chinese copy for 100 quid so I did likewise. And it's been absolutely fine.
I had the original rad reconditioned and now carry as a spare :thumbs:

I recently had some SS ones from Design911 fitted (supplied by the former owner FOC, thanks!) and there is a definate reduction in noise (I have non-Gundo Dansk boxes). The old set of manifolds droned between 55-75 so badly that my wife didnt want to drive in the car with me. Now we can actually have a conversation, and a decent snarl comes out over 3.5k RPM's which is perfect (for me)

As Norfolk & Idea said - we're all suspect of the CHinese ones, but some stuff can be the same or better than the original's.

I'll put a grand on it the design911 ones either come from China or some of the materials do.

The PO fitted some nice shiny stainless manifolds to my car. They came from a company called IPE. They make some smart looking stuff.

have ordered up and will give em a try. thanks for the inputs chaps.

you do need to buy head bolts as well

Porsche OEM part number is 900 378 131 00 and 12 of em.

m8/28 standard fitment so most places should carry them and not have the P tax.

just make sure you get marine grade stainless steel bolts.

snakes alive. some shiny bits have turned up. going on next week and will report back on any sound change or performance improvement beyond the placebo!

Attachments

• img_0227_710.jpg
    img_0227_710.jpg
    859 KB · Views: 5,998
alex yates said:
I'll put a grand on it the design911 ones either come from China or some of the materials do.

I bought the toyosport manifolds to go with some new 'Predator Styling" backboxes sold through ECP which are in fact DesignTek Supremacy boxes. Rang the company and the chap I spoke to said they make them for DesignTek (which is a design911 brand isnt it?) under licence.

All being fitted on the 10th March along with some refurbed (aluminise coated) cats. Will post some pics up when done.

The 'cheap" manifolds look great, neatly welded, and confirmed by XRF that the material is as advertised (correct composition of substrate and weld wire) etc - can't comment on fitment yet...will pop some pics up when done.

Nothing wrong with material from anywhere so long as it's correct!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back