Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

One of them has to go...

Lungauer

Evening all. It's been a while since I posted on here as a lot has been happening in the world of Lungauer, the upshot of which is I think it's time to let one of my 911s go. Question is which one?

The reason for posting on this section is I think it will be the 964, rather than the 997 GTS. Choosing either one is like choosing between your favourite dogs - for all the reasons I am sure you understand. What would your advice be? For context they are both rear wheel drive manual coupes. The 964 has had a glass out respray and set up by Centre Gravity at RS +5mm with PSS10s, Superflex PU bushes and a beautiful set of 17" Fuchs. I mention this only because in handling terms it's about as good as a 964 Carrera 2 gets, which otherwise could be something of a demerit against the GTS. Worth bearing in mind too that the 997 GTS2 manual is the rarer car of the two.

Thanks in advance if you have time to venture your thoughts.

Having asked in the 964 section i may suppose we perhaps could be biased :D

On a constructive note; it will depend ultimately if you want to be driving a modern more refined car or an older rawer car I'd say. Both have their pros and cons....

Then there's the finances to consider; what you need versus their forecasted future values...

Personally...

I'd keep the 964 :eek:

Stimpy said:
Having asked in the 964 section i may suppose we perhaps could be biased :D

Surely everyone on here is entirely objective on the subject of their favourite marque of car!

You'd better post a couple of pics of the cars as so that we can appreciate the terms of which this challenge entails :D

964 C2 will shift quickly if it's priced right and sorted as you say. Not many good C2 around at present.

FZP said:
You'd better post a couple of pics of the cars as so that we can appreciate the terms of which this challenge entails :D

Attachments

• img_2151_174.jpg
    img_2151_174.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 15,838
  • finished_at_refined_detail_854.jpg
    finished_at_refined_detail_854.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15,838
Lungauer said:
FZP said:

Man, your 964 is presented immaculately , what a beautiful example .... ( of both !) that will fly out of your garage if you advertise it , no worries .... and I can understand your dilemma......

I would be interested to know about your lift .. I am looking for a good reliable , quality piece of kit , that looks substantial ...... what type is it , sourced it where ..?

advise me the Cost in a PM if you don't mind ?

cheers,

Both beautiful cars....I feel your dilemma

I feel your pain, but the 964 has to go :sad:

Posting the photos has made it much easier. Ex 964 owner here, so has to be the 964.

I have a foot in both camps here. I love my Cayman, its a hoot....
However, the aircooled would always win out in the Chief residence.
This is down to practicality I guess, but the amount of times you will see a 964 and say out loud "I used to have one of them" will make you question your decision :grin:

This is down to practicality I guess, but the amount of times you will see a 964 and say out loud "I used to have one of them" will make you question your decision Grin

Yip :sad:

However the turbo is also :) That is a cracking pair you are a lucky boy

911TEL said:
Lungauer said:
FZP said:
I would be interested to know about your lift .. I am looking for a good reliable , quality piece of kit , that looks substantial ...... what type is it , sourced it where ..?

advise me the Cost in a PM if you don't mind ?

cheers,

Not my lift or garage I'm afraid. The pics were taken at Refined Detail in Sussex - whom I can heartily recommend by the way.

964 is stunning :worship:

Fancy a swap for a 996 Turbo :dont know:

:thumb:

weekend or more regular usage?

Weekend: 964
Regular: GTS

All year round usage? GTS
Just fair weather? 964

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members