Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electric window problem

Ricardo66

I hope somebody can help me with a electric window problem on my 2005 997.
There was a thread about this approximately 12 months ago but I can't find it.
Basically when the passenger door is opened from the inside or outside, the electric window drops down by the same amount to break the seal, but constantly goes up and down until the door is shut again.
I don't know if it's the micro switches or the controller.
Thanks, Richard

Hi guys, just to clarify the passenger window pulses up and down constantly like it's having a fit when the door is opened.
There was a thread started about this but I didn't see the conclusion.
Thanks
Richard

I cant remember the out come of that post .. i think he said it was the handle switch :dont know:

Useing a tester you could look at the switch values and soon see if one was incorrect or if its the motor / control unit (one item ) thats at fault .

Also worth setting the window position just in case .. close window then hold switch in closed position for 5 seconds.

Is your battery ok, my windows threw Wobblies when my battery went flat?

oops double post

Thanks for your replies, my battery did go flat after a period 2 months no use over the winter, but I had the problem with the electric window before the flat battery.
I will check the micro switches when i find a thread or internet search on how to dissmantle the doors to get to them.

Cheers,
Richard

Video here on a boxster door card removal .. 997 is the same .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeU2FfOTWZs

best way really is to get a tester on it and check what the switches are actually saying with the door open .. this will say if its a switch or a control unit fault .

Maybe a quick check with an indy and then you replace what they say is wrong :dont know:

I had exactly the same problem on my Audi TT years ago, this turned out to be the micro switch in the door catch mechanism, fixed it with a £2 switch from Maplin, Audi wanted £165 for the whole catch mechanism!

Thanks, Demort, Stucart and DucatiRob, I will check out the video for stripping the door card and hopefully find a cheap solution to the problem.
Cheers
Richard

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back