Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Williams Ceramic aftercare

ebmbiker

Good evening folks.

I've recently bought a Basalt black Cayman R which has was Williams Ceramic coated by the dealer. They do this to all of the cars they sell.

I've never had a car with a ceramic coating before. Always used Collinite 476S. Do I need to use a special shampoo and any specific cleaning process?

If the coating has been applied properly you can jet wash and shampoo without any adverse affect. I believe the Williams ceramic coating is a single coat system so you really shouldn't need to do anything other than keep it clean.

Williams ceramic coat sucks *****

This is 18 months on

Attachments

• 5de1bf77_abf8_42c3_81b0_6502f74a15f2_448.jpeg
    5de1bf77_abf8_42c3_81b0_6502f74a15f2_448.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 5,926
Rockunrolla said:
Williams ceramic coat sucks *****

This is 18 months on

Thanks Edge.

Rockunrolla, that looks horrendous :eek:

Yes I've just bought this car ,
I'm guessing the previous owner thought and was sold it on the fact that ceramic coat is bulletproof and has been using brush car washers ,?

No, they were clearly washing it with a brick. Even a ceramic coating can't take poor wash technique. Black cars do show every mark so makes a photo look worse than it is..

Use pH neutral products and you'll be fine.

Take the usual anti-swirl precautions though, it isn't bulletproof (as per rockunrolla's pic).

That's bad , as you say you still need to be careful when your cleaning the car ceramic coating or not.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back