Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 c4s bugging me colour change?

Budgiec4s

I have owned my c4s for 2 years now and love it!
Was messing around on the net the other night and started looking at vechile checks so ran one on mine.
So my car was registered in 2002 and registered silver
The check shows a colour change to white on the date the car was registered.
I got the original manual out and the vechile info sticker on the inside page all matches up to the one under the bonnet. Silver
Has anyone got any suggestions as to what has happened here ?
It's bugging me
Surely the car was not repainted on the day it was delivered and then returned to silver?
Other thing is the check says nothing about it being changed back to silver and the log book has silver stated on it .
Could it just be an error at the car checkers end?

Sounds like an error at the car checking site to me.

Maybe the first owner had it wrapped white, though don't know if that is likely for 2002 or would be classed as a 'colour change '.
Probably just an error!

Sounds like database error. Police and everyone else should use the DVLA and if its silver in the V5 then that's the main thing.

Up until recently I don't think you had to inform DVLA of a colour change if it was wrapped. Might be different now.

Thanks for your feedback guys
Im sure it's just a mistake
Makes me wonder when the vechile check company's get there info from ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back