Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S Steering wheel options

dp400

Hi All

Can anyone tell me if some of the gen 1 C2S's came with the triangle style steering wheel without the stereo buttons or was the sport style wheel standard on the C2S?

Many thanks

Dave

Dave
I beleive so. There was the Multifunction Wheel and Sports Wheel.

CHEERS
FZP

Dave the 997.1 steering wheel came as a triangle airbag style and was avail with or without MF buttons the 997.1 sport round airbag wheel came without the MF option. all 3 versions were avail in manual or tip.

why do you need this info what are you considering :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Dave the 997.1 steering wheel came as a triangle airbag style and was avail with or without MF buttons the 997.1 sport round airbag wheel came without the MF option. all 3 versions were avail in manual or tip.

Dave hide your wallet Phil is going to talk you into a wheel upgrade :floor:

Attachments

• 20180122_165845_resized_504.jpg
    20180122_165845_resized_504.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 1,900
Phil 997 said:

Ive seen a car advertised as C2S but its got the triangle style wheel and I though the C2S only came with the sport wheel.

dp400 said:
Phil 997 said:

Ive seen a car advertised as C2S but its got the triangle style wheel and I though the C2S only came with the sport wheel.

Ah , no your ok the C2S also came with the triangle wheel unless you speced a sports wheel and paid the Porsche tax for it the std wheel on both the C2 and the C2S was the triangle one.

on the 997.1 the main differences batwwen the C2 and the S was

single oval tips not the twin tips
Volcano grey interior metal trim not Galvarno silver
it was not as Low by 10mm
the dials are black not white
the obvious badges on the air box and engine cover
brake calipers are black not red
often they are 18" not 19" wheels
they often dont have PASM but it was an upgrade on the spec sheet
and 30 bhp

have I missed any of the usual things mmmm :?:

Thefinn said:
Phil 997 said:

Dave is safe for now as he hasnt found a car yet :grin: :thumb:

Thefinn said:
Phil 997 said:

That interior 'Triple' upgrade you have there Finn is the Dolphins Donger. The Tequipment gear stick is a lovely creation and is complimented very nicely by the other flashes of polished Ali.

Finn , I need a tecquipment gear knob in my life mate the one I was chasing on Rennlist is sold :sad: now where do you live and do you keep the car locked at night :grin: :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back