Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spark plug change interval

P911X50

Hi.

I have a 996tt and its due a service. The S/H is:

Jan 2014 - 68k - major service with spark plug change.
Jan 2015 - 71k - minor service
Jan 2016 - 72.5k - minor (completed by seller RPM)
Jan 2017 - 73k - minor

I understand that spark plugs should be changed every 4 year/28k miles. Noting that the car has only covered 5k since last spark change 4 years ago. Should I have these changed and how much is the cost at Indy?

I'm hoping to maintain it's immecable service record

Thanks

I thought the spark plug change was on miles not time. iirc it's 30k miles so yours don't need changing.

As you mentioned you want to maintain the service record, spark plugs need to be done every 4 years.

However, since you have only covered 5k miles they will come out clean, and will be an unfortunate waste of money.

I wouldn't change mine until six years (20-25k miles for me) - and even that I know deep down will be premature! But I also am not bothered about service history.

Awesome, my next plug change not due for about another 10 years then.

asterix_the_gaul said:
Awesome, my next plug change not due for about another 10 years then.

Spark plugs are not what they were 20 years ago (when they needed to be done every year), and have a MUCH longer shelf life now.

Poker2009, Asterix, Demort and T8. Thank you all for your help.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back