Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NB 993 Cargraphic Front Splitter - Group Buy

cableguy

I recently contacted Cargraphic (Germany) after receiving information via Rennlist that their amazing Front Splitter can now be offered again after being discontinued for the last few years.

A great looking alternative to the common RS & Techart Corner Pieces and the BIG RS/GT2 Front Lip.

I spotted this Splitter on forum member 911SE's car over a year ago and after a little research, found it on Scuderia Car Parts. Unfortunately they couldn't offer the part even though it's listed on their website!

After contacting Cargraphic today they offered me a price as follows:

NP93002GFK One Piece Front Splitter - EUR 595.00
Freight cost to UK - EUR 135.00
Tax @ 19% - EUR 138.70

Total - EUR 868.70

Delivery is 4-5 weeks.

They have confirmed that there is discount available if multiple units are ordered.

So my question is, is there any interest in this amazing looking Splitter for a potential Group Buy and discount...?

Pics of Splitter below.

C.

Attachments

• 993_black_3_939.jpg
    993_black_3_939.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 9,608
  • frontspoilerlippen_p93_544.jpg
    frontspoilerlippen_p93_544.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 9,606
cableguy - do you have any additional pics to share of these installed?

Only the ones above right now. It's quite a rare piece so images are a little thin on the ground.
Being Cargraphic I would expect fit and finish to be good.

C.

Sticking on an additional piece of plastic, that serves no purpose, to the front of a 993? Has the site been hacked? Is this VXR.net? :lol:

front splitter

Are these made from fibreglass or the much more durable pu as original equipment are?

highway said:
Sticking on an additional piece of plastic, that serves no purpose, to the front of a 993? Has the site been hacked? Is this VXR.net? :lol:

Ah an illuminati member...

Why do owners add RS Kits on standard Carrera's...?
Why do owners add decals to their cars...?
Why do owners change their wheel styles...?
etc. etc.

It's called personalising your car and you may be surprised to know that some 993 owners actually do this. ;)

C.

At that sort of price, are you not getting near the cost of a turbo PU? You still have to paint and fit it. :?:

cableguy said:
highway said:

Ah an illuminati member...

Why do owners add RS Kits on standard Carrera's...?
Why do owners add decals to their cars...?
Why do owners change their wheel styles...?
etc. etc.

It's called personalising your car and you may be surprised to know that some 993 owners actually do this. ;)

C.

They all work and add front downforce

What sort of speeds do you need to be doing for this piece of kit to add to the handling? Thought you had to be doing upwards of 90mph for the rear spoiler to have an effect. I have seen Jack Olsens front splitter and it about 18 inches deep. Will this really assist the front end?

Having a fat passenger probably adds as much 'downforce'. Sticking extra, aftermarket bits of addenda to the car looks, IMHO a bit cack. But if if raises your dingy, or increases front end grip at 115mph (Ha!) then stroll on. The RS kits at least integrate with the car. I'm not against personalising your car at all. It's all subjective.

Unless you are sticking on non oem bits of fibre glass/plastic telling yourself it's functional.... 8)

Millomboy said:
At that sort of price, are you not getting near the cost of a turbo PU? You still have to paint and fit it. :?:

Agree. Almost €1,000 is madness IMHO.

But each to their own.

I think it suits you, Big C :thumb:

Nowhere does it mention downforce and personally that doesn't have any bearing on my decision as my car doesn't see tracks and very rarely motorways, where I believe the legal limit is 70mph in the UK. This is purely for aesthetics although I get the feeling I am on my own with this one.

Always happy to have your approval mohitos. :thumb:

C.

splitter

I do think it looks quite good but having seen lots of cracked and split fibreglass bumpers on the local high street I would be worried the first suicidal bunny that I come up against would inflict disaster on it. PU is pretty tough but I have yet to see fibreglass that stands much punishment!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back