Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear drop link help

Trap 125

I ordered and received a pair of PowerGrid adjustable rear drop links which appear to be excellent quality.

The issue I have is the originals on the car measure circa 160mm centre to centre in length but the PowerGrid ones are only adjustable from 90 - 100mm.

I'm guessing that these will not fit? Looking at links from RSS & Tarrett they look pretty short but I can't get any specific sizes.

Are ungraded adjustable links purposely shorter or have I got the wrong size?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

What suspension is fitted to the car? OE?

Standard Carrera rear drop links are around 160mm, GT3 are definitely shorter around 100mm.

If the car has had a suspension swap in its life, you may have ended up with Carrera spec damper bodies.

pye21 said:
What suspension is fitted to the car? OE?

Standard Carrera rear drop links are around 160mm, GT3 are definitely shorter around 100mm.

If the car has had a suspension swap in its life, you may have ended up with Carrera spec damper bodies.

The car has KW Variant 3 fitted...

Not that many people are interested in this thrilling thread :lol: but I've got an update :lol:

KW has told be that KW Variant 3's use standard length drop links and PowerGrid have confirmed that standard length drop links are 160mm in length centre to centre and they had mistakenly sent me the wrong size. The correct ones are on the way...

I must have muddled my lengths up then. I knew they were different and thought he GT3 ones were shorter. It has been about 3 years since I looked.

My apologies for the late reply, but 16cm is correct. I replaced my rear drop links within the last week.

Matt

Thanks for the replies. I'm all sorted now with 160mm adjustable PowerGrid drop links on the way.

As a result (PowerGrid don't want the originals they sent me back!) I've got a set of adjustable links that I don't need if anybody is interested? I'll stick a post in the for sale section...

Thanks again.

http://www.powergridinc.com/swaybar.asp

fyr2Bw1.jpg
[/img]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back