Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pick up tomorrow...

TheBear

After much deliberation over many years, I finally succumbed to the Porsche itch. I had tried to avoid it for some unknown reason since I spent a week with a mate's new 996 C4 back in 2001 and loved it. The only reason I can attribute to this delay was that the 911 is an obvious choice for a committed driver and therefore, in my mind, to be avoided at all costs...! I have a somewhat eclectic car history predominantly based on impulse buys of less obvious "drivers" cars that in my mind however, have been mostly very cool...

So I have dipped a toe with my local independent, RSJ, (Who have been absolutely stella so far). I have a fairly basic 997.1 C4S manual in black on black. Carrera Classic 5 spokes (RSJ swapped these for me), Sports Chrono, PSE, Sports heated seats. I have added a Pioneer touch screen and 5mm spacers front and back.

Pick it up tomorrow before going away with the family for a few days at the weekend so it will be put away almost immediately. However I have booked a few nights by myself in N. Wales the week after to fling around the Evo Triangle and also to head south during the day to try and catch some action at the Mach Loop...

Glad to be part of the community.

:welcome: to 911uk, and congrats on the purchase.

You will be badgered soon enough to post up pics of your new steed.

Welcome and congratulations :thumb:
I've just bought what sounds like the identical car myself but I've not unvealed mine yet as it's going through an intense detailing !!

As said above , you need to post some pics :useless: :camera:

:thumb:

Congratulations and welcome.

You won't go far wrong with rsj, it's where I bought mine.

I frequent the Mach loop in the summer on motorcycle and car when it's not pi$$ing down here in Wales, which it very often is so, if you've never been before, use the time schedule on the MOD website as a guideline.

I've known them to be an hour and a half late.

Good luck with the 911 :thumb:

Congrats, welcome, and nice flavour of 997.

Rockunrolla said:
Welcome and congratulations :thumb:
I've just bought what sounds like the identical car myself but I've not unvealed mine yet as it's going through an intense detailing !!

As said above , you need to post some pics :useless: :camera:

We're all different but, I do like seeing mine filthy on the drive 8)

Wish I could take it to bed :grin:

Then the satisfaction of cleaning it all day :grin:

Look forward to the pics :thumb:

Welcome to the forum, hope to see a report after you hoon it thought Wales
enjoy the car :thumb:

Congrats on your new purchase RSJ are great I just brought the white 4s in there showroom

Attachments

• 42c9d70d_634f_4d18_889f_912c716908d0_174.jpeg
    42c9d70d_634f_4d18_889f_912c716908d0_174.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3,486
rakerone said:
Congrats on your new purchase RSJ are great I just brought the white 4s in there showroom

That looks fantastic mate :thumb:

PDK or manual?

What goodies has it got ? :grin:

:lol: I bet it gets your pulse rising :grin:

Has it got launch control and if so have you used it yet :grin:

I'd have it on at every opportunity :grin:

That car is stunning and RSJ are very good dealers. Joel and Darren are both top guys :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back