Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bilstein B4 Damptronic v Standard OE PASM Shocks

Carrerascott

Anyone running the Bilstein B4 damptronic shocks instead of the OE standard Porsche PASM ones on their 997?

I understand these are a direct equivalent replacement for OE but cheaper. Any difference in performance, ride quality etc?

thanks

Just replaced my front original Porsche shocks with B4 Damptronics and there was an improvement in ride quality and damping performance, (the originals were 13 years old but had only done 60k miles and were probably still ok). I only replaced them as I needed to change the top mounts and decided I may as well do the shocks too as the B4's aren't that expensive to buy. They look pretty much identical to the original ones removed and may even be better quality :dont know: I will soon replace the rears with B4 Damptronics as well as part of my suspension refresh. Really pleased with my choice (I spent ages trying to decide whether to go original, B4, B6, B8, B16 or even Ohlins). I decided I like the way the car handles and rides already (plus being able to change to sport mode at the touch of a button). I do 2 -3 trackdays a year plus road trips but it's also my daily driver (which means I drive over multiple speedbumps everyday), so I decided on B4's would be my best option and they definitely are for me. :thumb:

CG put B4 damptronics on my 50k mile C4S Cab as equivalent to the Porsche stamped part, but £100 cheaper a pop IIRC. The old ones were tired and one was leaking. Felt better but they were new. They reckoned 50k miles for the rear dampers, especially if it's lived some of its life banging around urban roads and some speed humps, was par for the course. Heavy old lump to support back there :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back