Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM reprogram or new stereo?

bradders911

Hi, firstly, PCM code doesn't work, and OPC confirm the code that should work given the key and car, but it doesn't.

Anyone know if it can be unlocked (OPC were vague!)?

And, if I was to simply replace, any recommendations under £450, that has google maps, BT etc?

I may be wrong, but I believe that an Indy or OPC can read the PCM code by plugging in their PIWIS or Durametric diagnostic computer :?:

kurlykris said:
I may be wrong, but I believe that an Indy or OPC can read the PCM code by plugging in their PIWIS or Durametric diagnostic computer :?:

That will read what the code was originally, but I suspect that is what Bradders got from OPC. It sounds like the unit might have been changed. I would pull it out to see if the code is written on the oitside anywhere first.

MC

Sometimes written in the owners handbook by a previous owner?

A tester on the car and look at vehicle data , that should give you the code of the ORIGINAL Pcm or radio .. if its been replaced in its life time then i very much doubt that code will have been updated .

Even so the code may well be blank but you wont know untill you get a tester on it .... ive seen some with / some without .

I assume OPC have got the code this way and it doesnt work :dont know:

There are places that tell you the code of a radio over the phone .. you just need the serial number .. no idea if it can be done with a pcm so might be worth a call to find out if nothing on a tester check .

Quick google and the first hit ..

https://www.onlineradiocodes.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ai4qoeX2QIVY7HtCh3iQg5aEAAYASAAEgLuRPD_BwE

Thanks for the comments. The OPC gives me the original code, that is also written in the original handbook, so must have been changed as doesn't work.

Suggestions on replacements? How well do these modern app type ones work? Want at least a radio I can listen too! Lol

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back