Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Side Skirts ....

911DG

Howdie all

Hope everyone is well. On my last three 911's I've added Side skirts. Lowers the appearance and adds a touch of aggression.

I don't believe there are any OEM ones for a Gen 1 or 2 C2 or C2s.

Anyone know of any aftermarket ones that look good ? I've got a Maxton Design front splitter on that looks Epic but they don't do skirts unfortunately.

Any ideas :?:

Cheers

Dan

There is a guy who fitted 991 side skirts onto his 997 with some tinkering. I think I saw it on the rennlist forum from memory

Cheers guys - by the answers or also lack of answers this is clearly NOT a popular Mod so I may stay away.

If anyone has some skirts actually on their 997 I'd love to see some.

Cheers

Dan

Dan, you have just the dilemma I had with my gen1 narrow body. I did hours or research finding that the wide body cars lower sill is a seperate piece and can be changed out for GT3RS ones etc but the NB cars the lower sill is a part of the whole sill so you cant do that.
So I was left will aftermarket options , personally I found the techart and some of the others a bit bulky and was not the more subtle look I was after also many were grp or fibreglass which I didnt want.
So I finally decided on side skirts made to replicate the GT2 ones but for narrow body cars and made in PU :thumb: RESULT these I brought from xclusive customz in Sheffied after quite a long chat with the guy there who really know his stuff and exactily what I was talking about and was a great price.

https://xclusivecustomz.com/product/gt2-style-body-kit-for-porsche-997/

I took them to a body shop to have them fitted he ran adhesive along the leading edge to bond them they are fixed under the body as well but with fixings. He then ran a very fine line of black silicon between the lip of the sill and the bodywork to reduce the lip where its fixed and giving a more intergrated look as with the wide body cars . they come as a matt black so I had them painted in the soft satin black so they were not the same as the body colour but blended . you will need to remove the rear little plastic mud flap but my bodyshop guy played around and actually was able to refit the mud guard over the edge of the skirt , that was just my OCD it doesnt need to be refitted.

hope that helps , heres some pics of them and on my gen1 :thumb:

the bottom 3 pics are me offering it up to the car prior to fitting ,the top 5 are them fitted and painted on my car :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0592_198.jpg
    img_0592_198.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 8,605
  • img_0598_119.jpg
    img_0598_119.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 8,604
  • img_0595_100.jpg
    img_0595_100.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 8,605
  • img_1500_115.jpg
    img_1500_115.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 8,605
  • img_1452_508.jpg
    img_1452_508.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 8,605
  • img_1389_200.jpg
    img_1389_200.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 8,604
  • img_1387_175.jpg
    img_1387_175.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 8,555
  • img_1388_862.jpg
    img_1388_862.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 8,555
I should also say they dont need to be painted or could be body colour painted if you have painted the maxon front lip . I only had them painted in satin to match the slight satin finish of the OE aero lip on my car which the bodyshop used to get a colour match made up as rainbow paints are only round the corner and they have a machine that car read and match colours. :thumb:

I also have to say it was a hell of a lot easier to fit the OE GT3RS skirts to my gen2 4S as the lower lip just unbolts and the RS lip then just bolts in its place :grin: but effectively gives the same lower more aggressive stance :thumb:

see a couple of pice of the gen2 4S for comparison

Attachments

• 26357730_1758799674190865_1875228505784975360_n_905.jpg
    26357730_1758799674190865_1875228505784975360_n_905.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 8,564
  • img_2247_143.jpg
    img_2247_143.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 8,564
Where did you get them from Phil, OPC ?
I'm after a set myself, assume they are the sames ones as the GTS also ?

wildej said:
Where did you get them from Phil, OPC ?
I'm after a set myself, assume they are the sames ones as the GTS also ?

for the gen2 yes mate same part fits GT3RS, GTS, GT2 There is a older one and newer one you want the newer part number 2010 plus I think :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I should also say they dont need to be painted or could be body colour painted if you have painted the maxon front lip . I only had them painted in satin to match the slight satin finish of the OE aero lip on my car which the bodyshop used to get a colour match made up as rainbow paints are only round the corner and they have a machine that car read and match colours. :thumb:

Hey Phil,

These look exactly what I was looking for !!!! They look sweet on your car. Subtle but just a touch more aggressive.
I see the whole body kit is £1995 - how much did they charge for the side skirts only ?

Also perfect that they don't need to be painted. The Maxton splitter didn't need painting and the local bodyshop put her on for £80 in within 1 hour.

Thanks very much buddy

Dan

911DG said:
Phil 997 said:

Hey Phil,

These look exactly what I was looking for !!!! They look sweet on your car. Subtle but just a touch more aggressive.
I see the whole body kit is £1995 - how much did they charge for the side skirts only ?

Also perfect that they don't need to be painted. The Maxton splitter didn't need painting and the local bodyshop put her on for £80 in within 1 hour.

Thanks very much buddy

Dan

Dan, cant remember but about £350 maybe give or take a few quid . glad its what you were looking for I had a feeling it was from your first post. give them a call mate nice guys .

Phil 997 said:

Sweet! They look great cheers Phil. £280 is a good price.

Question - do they bottom out on speed bumps etc? My front splitter catches on almost Every down ramp in Every multi story car park and makes a horrible scraping sound. It doesn't seem to damage it but I wince every time so wondering about the Skirts ?

Cheeers

Dan :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back