Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Rev Counter

Dusty911

The digital readout display on my rev counter works ok but no longer illuminates.
A replacement seems to be costing the earth so I am tempted to get it repaired. Trolling through the tinternet I came across a company called ClusterRepairs uk. Anybody have any experience of them?

Julian Reap is the go to guy in the UK

Thanks for the replies and info everybody. I did look at the ToreB site but as my diy skills stand at absolute zero I definitely need a pair of hands that know what they are doing.
I will check out the other names and let you know how I get on. Happy motoring gentlemen and stay warm:)

I'll be happy to fix your tacho, I repair one or two one of these per week now, mostly for Porsche workshops and Classic Centres.
Normal price is 150 Euro plus return shipping, and I have a one or two day turnaround time. Contact me if interested.
Cheers,
Tore

I had the same problem a few years ago, Tore advised me what the problem was and it's been fine since. Just cured a heating fault on the 944 with a component that cost 2p for ten and the Porsche part is nla, fiddly job though.
These electronic problems are going to be more and more common e.g. Electric power steering on a Mito over a grand from Alfa, exchange unit from ECU Testing £150 with a lifetime guarantee. Porsche parts have gone through the roof, hope no one needs a crankshaft ( c.£12,500)

Rich Beauchemin, Highlift Productions in West Hampstead. I was very pleased with odometer repair and he also did a light bulb.

www.highliftproductions.co.uk only a few days and you get it back. I dropped it off and collected but he also posts. Not super quick replying by email.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back