Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 997 Carbon Folding bucket seats

apollokre1d

Willing to pay cash or part exchange my 18-way fully adjustable, heated, memory hardback sport seats from my 997 turbo and I'll obviously pay the difference based on condition.

New ones cost £8300 (delivered) which i will probably buy in April if I do not find a used set before then.

apollokre1d said:
Willing to pay cash or part exchange my 18-way fully adjustable, heated, memory hardback sport seats from my 997 turbo and I'll obviously pay the difference based on condition.

New ones cost £8300 (delivered) which i will probably buy in April if I do not find a used set before then.

I got a set for £4500 mate, not PXed, also not fitted yet but can't wait, they look so good, but if you don't track your car it is all about the look and bragging rights, they are a pain getting in an out of !!

That's a really good price 👍 Are yours original? Why haven't you fitted them?
I can't find them used so i'll have to get them new.

apollokre1d said:

Yep original from a 9k mile car, after all the persuasion to sell etc not sure I want them now to be honest, fun was more in the chase !! one of those mods where you have nothing left to do to the car so you think seats & Carbon. At this point stop !!... So, fitted the drivers seat and its nice once you are seated, but really, a bit ***** !! look lovely, but hardly a must have with a road car.

Boba fett said:
apollokre1d said:

Yep original from a 9k mile car, after all the persuasion to sell etc not sure I want them now to be honest, fun was more in the chase !! one of those mods where you have nothing left to do to the car so you think seats & Carbon. At this point stop !!... So, fitted the drivers seat and its nice once you are seated, but really, a bit ***** !! look lovely, but hardly a must have with a road car.

I get the whole chase thing :thumbs:

Well you know i want them so if you want to part with them please let me know. I won't be pulling the trigger on the new ones just yet so have a think about it and let me know :)

I have some in my car, and think they are absolutely brilliant.

Mine are heated, so work with the OE seat heating controls, which was a nice bonus.

I'm potentially going to sell, but need to pull my thumbs out to advertise the car. 19.4k miles / 997.2 2S PDK in arctic with black leather.

Out of interest, how much would you want for your existing adaptive seats ?

Nik said:
I have some in my car, and think they are absolutely brilliant.

Mine are heated, so work with the OE seat heating controls, which was a nice bonus.

I'm potentially going to sell, but need to pull my thumbs out to advertise the car. 19.4k miles / 997.2 2S PDK in arctic with black leather.

Out of interest, how much would you want for your existing adaptive seats ?

Hi Nik,

I didn't think the 997 seats were heated, are yours from a 991? The drivers side seat bolster has some wear so that would need sorting out but rest of the seat and passenger seat are fine so I was thinking about £1K for them.

kam said:
apollokre1d said:

Brand new pair here...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-...067939?hash=item2a9cd89c63:g:WYwAAOSwMfhaXSvb

Cheers but I can get the 997 ones new for £8K from TIELI or Porsche.

apollokre1d said:
kam said:
apollokre1d said:

Brand new pair here...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-...067939?hash=item2a9cd89c63:g:WYwAAOSwMfhaXSvb

Cheers but I can get the 997 ones new for £8K from TIELI or Porsche.

Yes, it does have best offer...
:roll:

That is a lot of fanjolies for a place to park your bum. I do cover them but dont think i could pull the trigger if they were in front of me.
If speccing a new car though it would be a no brainer.

FZP said:
That is a lot of fanjolies for a place to park your bum. I do cover them but dont think i could pull the trigger if they were in front of me.

To each their own... I would like to get the car to how I would have ordered it from the factory given I am keeping it a while.

Plus...I don't have the liability of carbon ceramic breaks or an M97 engine :D

apollokre1d said:
FZP said:

To each their own... I would like to get the car to how I would have ordered it from the factory given I am keeping it a while.

Plus...I don't have the liability of carbon ceramic breaks or an M97 engine :D
Apologies, wasnt a criticism. I sat in Isysman' s GT2RS recreation with those seats and they are amazing to sit in.
Your point regarding keeping the car for a while is probably the reason why I flinch at it. This year will see what direction I take in terms of change of car or stay and create a 997 version of the 911R, which would then require these seats, recovered in cocoa and hounds tooth fabric inserts. :?:
Too many choices

No worries I did not take it that way :thumbs:

I know it is allot to spend and took me a while to "talk myself into it" especially given how comfortable the sport seats are but I love the look of them.

I actually blame isysman and another forum member AdeD for this :)

A 997 911R would be pretty cool, a bit like the CSR cars RPM do?
https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/csr-builds/

apollokre1d said:
No worries I did not take it that way :thumbs:

I know it is allot to spend and took me a while to "talk myself into it" especially given how comfortable the sport seats are but I love the look of them.

I actually blame isysman and another forum member AdeD for this :)

A 997 911R would be pretty cool, a bit like the CSR cars RPM do?
https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/csr-builds/
Essentially it would mean lowering to GT3 height along with cantrelock conversion with GT3 wheels. Along with GT3 front and rear bars I would need to source the GT3 conversion for the centre exhaust.
Interior wise I would only need the seats and the 991 steering wheel as I already have cocoa interior.
It sounds simple enough but it's a 30k plus proposition, so to do it means it's a keeper for a looooooonnnnggggg time.
This wouldn't address my burning desire for a 997.2 GT3 OR RS. Then looking at the RS pricepoimt you enter 458 Territory, so the mind begins to spin like crazy as to what the best option is.
Thankfully I'm 4/5ths the way through an effective new build so spending money on building materials is taking priority.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back