Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 Production Stats for the North American markets

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Useful to see what is popular and what isn't over there

Attachments

• na_991gt3stats_600_607.jpg
    na_991gt3stats_600_607.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 4,971
Chalk the most popular colour ?!?!

carkid said:
Chalk the most popular colour ?!?!

Surprised at the popularity of chalk, but equally surprised that only 2% of the cars are Touring spec. Maybe not the split in spec that Porsche may have anticipated.

I'm definitely surprised about the touring numbers. Given so many (me included) wanted the 911R, and effectively given it, decided that a normal GT3 with a manual gearbox was enough.
Given on 2% were touring spec, we can safely say where their value is headed over the next 5 years

Touring number is definitely unexpected. Hope they aren't also without sports Chrino or that could be an epic fail..
Nice to see official stats confirming Blue is the new black :floor:
Usual near 50:50 balance of manual vs pdk :?:
Very low % for pts when it's available :?:

Fair play to whoever specked that Canadian GT3 $217k is a lot of options and porsche exclusives :grin:

chalk looks beige to me but stones in glass houses and all that....

DRZ911 said:
... but equally surprised that only 2% of the cars are Touring spec.

Given that most of the cars were ordered and specced before the Touring option was even unveiled and made available : is it really that much of a surprise? Even those who could have changed their spec would probably have been facing a delay to delivery if they changed it (usually the way anyway).

Certainly if the option were announced and available at launch I'd have expected quite a few more though.

What made me :grin: was how many went for the 'Extended range fuel tank' :floor:

Buy a light weight race focused car, first thing to do...add weight to it :dont know:

:thumb:

Some fairly profound trends though. Over a fifth were white (be it flat or metallic), 2/3 had black wheels (mostly without the stripe though) and ceramics barely over half. But clearly the axle lift and 90 litre tank are both essentially must have options Stateside.

And only a single crazy deleted the stereo.

HSC911 said:
What made me :grin: was how many went for the 'Extended range fuel tank' :floor:

Buy a light weight race focused car, first thing to do...add weight to it :dont know:

:thumb:

Erm no. Add RANGE to it (the effect on the vehicle of the tank being bigger is negligible - weight is only really added by brimming it and you don't need to do that).

More capacity is less time wasted going away from the track to fill up. This is particularly relevant for places like the 'ring where a top-up is a drive to Barweiller for Aral 102 or Portimao where the nearest fuel when I went was a magical mystery tour far more miles away. It is surprising how many tracks don't have on site fuel, and also less surprising that when they do it is priced at a fortune and isn't even Ultimate or VPower loopy-juice...

90 litres for many would mean that if they arrived at a track day brimmed then they would need to go away and fill at the lunch break and then end up on fumes at the end of the day. The smaller standard tank means that going off for fuel while the circuit is live is less if not a non-issue. The big tank (only available on LHD models) is hugely desirable for track day use. :hand:

Disco said:
Erm no. Add RANGE to it (the effect on the vehicle of the tank being bigger is negligible - weight is only really added by brimming it and you don't need to do that).

Was said more in jest :oops:

fart_group.gif

HSC911 said:
Disco said:

Was said more in jest :oops:

fart_group.gif

Indeed, but I thought it worth a comment as actually it is a big deal. The number of times that I have wished it was available on my RHD... Seriously - if it were possible to retrofit it when I was doing track days I would have (even if it were faintly crazy money). :thumb:

Portimao now has fuel Colin; the problem is it's €2.35 / litre & pre-pay with a voucher - a right palaver & bloody expensive, even for Portugal!

Weirdly, Estoril has onsite fuel at exactly the same price as outside the circuit. Jerez still has no onsite fuel...

NXI20 said:
Portimao now has fuel Colin; the problem is it's €2.35 / litre & pre-pay with a voucher - a right palaver & bloody expensive, even for Portugal!

Weirdly, Estoril has onsite fuel at exactly the same price as outside the circuit. Jerez still has no onsite fuel...

BookaTrack ought to think about getting a petrol tanker for their Euro-tours... At those prices there would appear to be plenty of margin to play for... :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back