Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I am looking for this part!

Cayman27

Hello everyone, first post so please be gentle!

I just bought myself an 09 Cayman S in Black and i love it. I just got diagnosed with cancer at 27 and i thought no better time than the present!

Within hours i visited my usual hospital car park and heard a scrape as i went up the floors....just thinking of well there is nothing i can do about it.

But today i noticed i am missing a part of the front of my car!!

I have no clue what it is called and i can not find the part online anywhere.

I have circled it in attached picture, not my car btw but hopefully it is a cayman lol

That bit is missing....what is it called and where can i get them?!?

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• s_l1600_981.jpg
    s_l1600_981.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 4,995
Hi Cayman 27 :welcome:

Good news about about the new car glad you are loving it and i hope all goes well otherwise.

is this the part you are looking for which i found on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...623709?hash=item213788a89d:g:-eoAAOSwh21aZw3Y

if so it might also be worth phoning your local Porsche dealer and ask for a quote from them as you will find quite often they are the cheapest on new parts . If you tell them you are a 911uk forum member they should also give you a 10% discount on the original price. Good luck with the hunt

Thank you very much for the fast reply!

I contacted the ebay user and they do not know if it is from an S model or not. Does this make any difference? Has the S model not got sportier looking ones that differ from standard cayman ones?

They just advised me to look up the part number but i do not know what the 100% correct part number is!

I have sent sent a quick email of to my local dealership though in the hope that they can help!

Thanks again!

sorry i don't know if they are different but Porsche will tell you, it might be worth giving them a ring as i find it can take a few days via mail rather than a call.

BTW you have posted this on the 997 part of the forum so you might be able to get better info form the guys on the Cayman section, don't worry we all do it! Maybe the mods will move the thread for you :?:

Look to me like the parts in the ebay listing are 98750552704, 98750552804
which is the same as the auto atlanda diagram and they don't show any alternative part for the post 09 cayman

Brilliant, thanks very much to everyone who got back to me. Very much appreciated!

Porsche declined to comment if the ebay part would fit...i guess they just want to make a sale and quoted me £50.59 for the part primed....so i guess i will have to paint it then or satin black for £39.

I don't suppose any of yu are from Northern Ireland and know where i can get it painted?

The thing is the ebay listing looks like they are already painted in black.....

So now it is dilemma time! What would you do?

I can't help with your car but l do wish you good luck with your future treatment and recovery. All the best.

It might be worth asking if they do the part in just the black PU finish rather than primed which will be black anyway. You would have to change both sides to match but at least the paint won't scuff if you catch it again. Lots of people leave the front lips in the PU finish for this reason as you catch them quite a lot.

Thefinn said:
It might be worth asking if they do the part in just the black PU finish rather than primed which will be black anyway. You would have to change both sides to match but at least the paint won't scuff if you catch it again. Lots of people leave the front lips in the PU finish for this reason as you catch them quite a lot.
As Thefinn says, I would go with the matt black grained finished parts on both the left and right sides of the car and buy new from Belfast OPC. Almost becomes a throwaway part if future damage is caused and good value at £39 per side.

I would not buy those particular ebay parts as they are damaged.

If you want to go the primed part route, would buy new from Belfast OPC and get the part painted to match the car, then Robert Hair in Newtownabbey is excellent :-
Robert Hair and Company Ltd "ƒ
8 Sanda Rd, Newtownabbey BT37 9UB
Tel. 028 9085 1015

Probably about £70-80 to get painted.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Good luck with the treatment, there is always light at the end of the tunnel

Best wishes for your treatment! They're amazing cars!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back