Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential 955 cayenne purchase - diagnostic check needed

Steve Gom

Just drove 140 miles up look at an 06 3.2 cayenne. Straight, low mileage car.
At the last part of the test drive on a dual carriageway the car starts hesitating with a pronounced vibration from the engine. Definite misfire. Car drives fine on min throttle input but bogs down as soon as you try to accelerate. Owners Dad is sat next to me confirming car made 200 plus mile journey to Catrine from Isle of Lewis last week, has been motd locally but not moved since.
Evidence of coil pack change within last 12 months in the invoice folder and major service done with mot last week by their local garage.
If it hadn't been for the missfire I was about to buy the car.

Can anyone suggest a decent mobile Porsche mechanic/enthusiast for a diagnostic check or even a basic PPI. Car is located near Ayr is about 140 miles from me!! The Cayenne is not huge money but want to make sure it's nothing serious. The spec is great, just this misfire to investigate?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back