Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking to buy 991 gts or turbo

k11pol

Trying to decide on either a 991 gts or turbo, I love the gts in either Miami or Carmine and to me looks the better of the two cars but a turbos a turbo at the end of the day.

I personally like the sound of the sports exhaust on the gts but the turbo just doesn't sound so good , I've been told I can buy this and buy that exhaust upgrade for the turbo so can't decide but also the colours available for the turbo are bland grey,white,black unless I go for a new one.

What's your opinion on depreciation as it seems the 2015 3.8 s are holding their value well ?

No brainer. Turbo. It can do everything the GTS can. And then some.

GTS should hold it's value better I'd say :?:

Kryton said:
GTS should hold it's value better I'd say :?:

Hmm, quite close I'd say. The turbo's hold up ok against the GTS market wise.

NA for me, every time.

The driving experience is so significantly different that it is probably best that you get a test drive in each to see which one gives you the most smiles.

Good luck in your search. :lol:

DRZ911 said:
The driving experience is so significantly different that it is probably best that you get a test drive in each to see which one gives you the most smiles.

Turbo it is then :lol:

If over taking is your thing...turbo

DRZ911 said:

I'd start with the NA car and then the turbo :thumbs:

Or save yourself 2 trips just test drive the Turbo first :grin:

:thumb:

infrasilver said:
Hope the Turbo has a stereo, you will need something to listen to whilst test driving :wink:

#Dyson

:floor:

:hand:

HSC911 said:
infrasilver said:
Hope the Turbo has a stereo, you will need something to listen to whilst test driving :wink:

#Dyson

:floor:

:hand:

I actually googled to see if you can gundo hack a dyson :floor:

infrasilver said:

#Dyson

:floor: :hand:

Simply change out the stock exhaust for a Kline Innovations inconel unit ...a big improvement and let's remember exactly why the Turbo is quieter than the n.a. Cars.... it's busy making all those extra ponies to give it the 'Warp power, Captain !!! '

Sometimes the Turbo is so quick , you are watching the horizon approaching so fast that even listening to the stereo doesn't drown out the ' OMFG' sounds that are going on in my head not sure if I uttered them or not !!!

I don't concur with GTS values holding up the same as the Turbo ... a good Turbo will always be worth more , even in relative terms ....'not for nothing' is it the top of the tree .......

I do like the GTS though ...nothing against it at all , particularly in Carrara white with black wheels!
( wasn't there a member on here a while back that had the stoneguards in Black too ?? It was sweet!)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back