Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help please with key for 997.1

Porschekit

Suzuka
Long story short.....this happen'd, see picture.

The piece fits back in but does not "snap" into place and when I turn the key upside down it falls out.

Any thoughts or experiences? Can I super-glue the piece back in or will it damage the internals? I can see some sort of circuitry inside.

Thanks ! :thumb:

Attachments

• key_737.jpg
    key_737.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,041
It looks like you have broken off a little piece of plastic that sticks out from the end of the red part of the button, if you do have it an glue it back on again i am sure it wouldn't last that long. If you do go down this route i would open the key up and take all of the buttons out so you don't get glue all over the board inside.

Alternatively you could buy a new key from Porsche but i am not too sure if they just do the shell and they can be quite expensive, but that said if you have a look on eBay there are lots of sellers of new key shells (i think there is also someone on the forum that sells them). You could buy one of these keep the original key and just swap over the new button for the broken one to save the hassle of getting the transponder out, plus only this button would not be OEM but the rest of the key would be.

Have a look back through the 997 pages theres a member elliot_holder who sells the gen2 upgrade for gen1 owners his prices for a replacement were much better than the OPC and quite a straight forward swap over . :thumb:

It should fit from the inside not the outside so normally you would split the key in half then fit it then put the key back together but it looks like the rear tab at least is missing so that probably won,t work.

If you glue it then you cant unlock your car with it :?

T8,s link seems the best option .

I dont think i have any spares at work but ill check tomorrow just in case .

You can buy the bos off eBay - about £12 iirc.
Very simple to swap over - just be careful with the transponder.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back