Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GMUND Cars and current scary experience

breezer_boy

I bought a 996 Turbo S Cab back in April 2014 from Gmund. It was a stretch at the time but the car was right and at 17k miles it was a hoped investment.

It was and due to an unexpected tax bill, I talked with Andrew in Oct 2016 regarding selling on my behalf for a commission. He proposed a sale or return deal that seemed reasonable and offered to collect the car within the same afternoon which I went with and then called back as I felt I need some time to think over and assure myself I was doing the correct thing.

Andrew assured me that the truck was already en-route, but not to worry as they wouldn't sell the car without my consent and agreement on price. So it went (with 21k miles now on the clock) and I remained unsure, but as it was winter didn't think buyers would queuing at his door. After an offer that I declined and confirmed that no longer want to sell, he told me that the he had all but sold the car and it would be difficult to go back on the sale. 3 months later I can't get hold of him and his staff refuse to tell me anything.

I have a solicitor involved and he has refrained from responding so far. I'm totally shocked as he was great and seemed so honourable. He dealt with any post sale queries in 2014 and has been welcoming and very helpful since then. Ive visited Gmund during a recent porsche club (North East) meet and really had no worries about his integrity.

Now I'm dumbstruck and regretting letting the car on to the truck last Oct. It's now with my solicitors. Worried and shocked doesn't describe my current state. out of pocket now for the value of £75k and an unknown outcome. I have no idea if he's going bust, is in cash flow trouble or just unprofessional.

The car has increased in value roughly £5k since he took it and I just want my car back. Anyone else had similar experience. Also welcome any advice on how to proceed in recovering the car..

reading your post, it comes over that you did something regretful, you tried to change your mind, but it was too late,

it is, how it comes over, yet gmund seems to be getting all the stick. :thumb:

Palladium said:
reading your post, it comes over that you did something regretful, you tried to change your mind, but it was too late,

it is, how it comes over, yet gmund seems to be getting all the stick. :thumb:

Not how it reads to me. To me it reads car sold (even though he changed his mind - comparatively minor worry) and OP is still waiting for his £75,000 or his car back whilst Gmund have been ignoring him.

Pip :?

No...! Not at the time of this post...

In response to Palladiums post...
If I'd agreed to sell, then changed my mind, I'd agree with Palladium. If that had been the case, there's still the failure to make payment. However, by the mutually signed contract it was sale upon consideration of all offers and at an agreed price. That hasn't happened.. nor has the car been returned after my request per signed contract.

Due to legal proceedings ongoing, I'll refrain from further posts.

I will also say that if Gmund call and explain what is going on and we find an agreeable conclusion, then I'll post the positive outcome, as I still can't believe that this is happening and there has to be a logical explanation. for avoiding my comms.
Thats the most concerning point.. They are avoiding talking to me.

so the issue is 100 per cent not how they have behaved, but that they owe you 75k,

is this a wind up post? I mean it is your first post.

if it isn't, then this would be beyond the pale, to actually sell someones car as agreed, then not to pass on the money,

have you been down there, I would be wanting stock to the value of 100k,

sounds barmy.

good luck with the outcome, surely you must win.

Notice earlier today in a mag that Gmund have a whole new raft of stock since I last viewed their site. Seems the business is in good fettle.

This post from Breezer_boy is very worrying, it seems that Gmund have taken his car and now he doesn't even know if they have sold it or not but what seems clear is that they haven't paid him and now won't talk to him.

It feels like a near miss for me as I swapped a couple of e-mails with Gmund before Christmas about a car. If this is the way Gmund deal with customers then I very very glad I didn't proceed any further with them!!!!

If what Breezer_boy is saying is correct then these guys need to be exposed!!

I've just checked their web site and it looks like Breezer_boy's car (from the details in his post) is still on Gmund web site..its all very odd so Gmund should just talk with him and sort it out!!

In the meantime it seems the watch word is be careful with Gmund!!

Always cautious when a brand new member posts something like this as their first post. Not saying it's not true but OP has owned a turbo s has never posted on here about anything then posts an experience like this when in dispute!!

I suspect he has not posted before as he is not a forum user, like us. I reckon he has been screwed by gmund and is now hunting around the web for any info on the dealer, if there are other unhappy customers etc.

This does not appear to be gmund's debut at this sort of thing, I heard a similar, initially hard-to-believe story about them recently, but with this chap above too, it would appear he is not the only one who has been left out by this dealer. :nooo:

With this type of dodgy dealings (if the above stories are true) it seems they are mirroring themselves after HWM.

There are of course always two sides to the story but given there are no shortage of cars out there I'd move on to another place.

There are some real Cowboys out there. :cop:

there is no way i would be condemning what could easily be a great company on the strength of that post, anyone that does is thick.

Well here is a thickie then as I would be extremely cautious until proved other wise. To compare if a mate tells you that Gertrude is a bunny boiler you would be silly to go out with her as there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Gmund if they are any sort of company should be up with social media and therefore quick to defend themselves. If the OP is a Walter Mitty trying to destroy a company they have fallen out with due to their own stupidity.

In short someone on 911UK should know or have some sort of relationship with Gmund and have a word in their ear.

Pip

I'm with you Pip. I'd avoid like the plague. Inflated prices and I was hearing some, ahem, "questionable" stories even 5 or 6 years ago about the failure to hand over funds from SOR cars.
Every thread that pops up asking about them has at least one comment saying "beware" (and it can't be the same guy every time ;) ), so there are a few people out there with stories.

May be totally false but there's no smoke without fire and why risk it when you have quality dealers such as RPM (not the knaresborough one, different company) and JZM etc who only have good reports.
I just don't see it essential to deal with suspect places so would simply discount them early on.

PS No I am not confusing them with Sean Lockyear also from that area who went to jail for pocketing SOR funds.

Anyone know the outcome of this story? Have been talking to Andrew about a car sale on SOR and he comes across as very straight forward.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back