Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

eBay centre caps

£7.50 and made in China ?!!!!

I'd just get some from design911 uk

not sure if they are the same, but I brought some like this off ebay, looked at them and threw them in my box of junk and bits that I brought that dont do the job. but I guess some think they are ok .
I should have known better than to think something costing £7 would look right on 20k to 50k cars

Phil 997 said:
not sure if they are the same, but I brought some like this off ebay, looked at them and threw them in my box of junk and bits that I brought that dont do the job. but I guess some think they are ok .
I should have known better than to think something costing £7 would look right on 20k to 50k cars

I wonder what the real ones cost to produce?

MC

MisterCorn said:
Phil 997 said:

MC

hopefully at least £7.25 based on my previous comment :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
MisterCorn said:
Phil 997 said:

MC

hopefully at least £7.25 based on my previous comment :floor: :floor:

Now we know what the Design 911 mark up is :floor:

I need a set for my C2. I seem to think they are over £100 a set from OPC, does anybody have good experience of alternatives?

MC

Rockunrolla said:

Their's are made in China too.

I want some that come with free dust caps since mine got robbed at Liverpool Airport. They're worth £10 alone.

alex yates said:
Rockunrolla said:

Their's are made in China too.

More than likely are but QC procedures applied or no acceptance of product by the buyer ...

I bought 2 sets a couple of years ago ....
1 genuine set and one gash set.... there was a perceivable difference bu5 I tried the gash set first on a set of BBS wheels I had bought on here...

They
Asked about a moth of normal use .... and normal cleaning procedures and I am very careful with the pressure hose ( *****) is more descriptive ,...

They were quickly consigned to the same type of parts bin that Phil mentioned ... but I gave them a fair chance .....the genuine set have been on since then and prove the point ......why fit subsatandard crap parts on your pride & joy ????? It's not worth it in my opinion ...plus I always knew in my own mind they were inferior parts and it bugged me ......
'Quality NEVER goes out of style'."............

My advice .... save a few bob ... don't buy gash parts ......especially not centre caps.....they are quite a focal point anyway ......

started something here haven't I.

I posted the links because they had been removed from ebay a few weeks back and someone was looking for them. If you check again now they have gone again, I guess Porsche are trying to clamp down on the fakes.

I bought some like these for similar money and they were absolutely outstanding. They look great on the car and no one has ever commented that they look anything other than original. My car has been scrutinized by proper Porsche geeks too! Crests need to point to the valves etc. etc.

I reckon if you clear coated the copies with some Halfords petrol proof lacquer before using them then they would last ok. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back