Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anti Corrosion

chicb

I was on the F type forum, as I also have an F type Convertible & came across
ACF 50 Corrosion Block (www.acf-50.co.uk). It appears to get a good write up, is easy to apply, even good for electrical connections as well as all metals (even has a wee video showing a classic Porsche 356 having the chassis treated). Might be an alternative to other rust treatments :?:

It has been widly mentioned on this forum too, a few have started using it.

I have used waxoyl on my 944 sill and doors and was going to do the same on the 996 soon but will consider the benefits of ACF-50 before hand, the downside to it is it has to be re-applied yearly where as waxoyl is there for life.
I have also used POR-15 on my underside metal parts, it gives a hard black protective coating to surface rusted parts.

As the 996 and some of the 997's are getting older it is good practice to protect them now so as not to go through the same problems that the aircooled cars have suffered when they were worth nothing and not worth spending on.

ACF 50 has been used widely by bikers for years.

Couple of biker mates who commute all year round in all weather swear by it and lots of exposed alloy to protect from salt on a motorcycle.

I use a combination of ACF, POR-15 and Dynax UC, I dont feel one product can address every application.

I remove loose rust then use phosphoric acid (chemical reacts with rust to form an inert layer) and then use two coats of POR15.

POR15 sucks moisture out of the part and forms a very hard polyurethane coating. Anywhere likely to stone chip needs some underseal or stonechip over that.

Anything I can't get to do that I will wax oil or flush with cavity wax e.g. inside sills.

ACF50 sounds good for parts you don't want to paint, or the mess of waxoil. Not sure where I would use it on my 911 though....I don't want to be doing the job again every year!

ACF50 is good stuff but keep it off your brakes , other than that undertrays off and give everything a good coating :thumb: :thumb: yes its annual but only a couple of hours work and far far less messy than waxoyle and you can still get to the bits after which is a messy old job if its coated in waxoyle :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back