Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where to re trim steering wheel?

e92

Monza
Does anyone have good recommendations for places I can re trim my steering wheel?

Jack at Royal Steering Wheels.

MC

^ +1 Royal steering wheels, he's only over near Aylesbury so not far from Reading

Thanks guys, I will go for Royal Steering Wheels :thumbs:

I've used Jack at Royal Steering Wheels for my wheel, handbrake & several interior panels, great quality work.

Another excellent option is DesignLS

AdeD said:

I contacted DesignLS using their online form about doing some work on my car and they have not got back to me. I remember you had a similar issue, is it better to just ring them up?

apollokre1d said:
AdeD said:

I contacted DesignLS using their online form about doing some work on my car and they have not got back to me. I remember you had a similar issue, is it better to just ring them up?

Yeah sadly i did, if there's one area he needs to work on it's his communication and he knows this himself. I very nearly didn't go with him because of that. Worth at least one call attempt i think as his work is first class... once it's booked in.

AdeD said:
apollokre1d said:
AdeD said:

Yeah sadly i did, if there's one area he needs to work on it's his communication and he knows this himself. I very nearly didn't go with him because of that. Worth at least one call attempt i think as his work is first class... once it's booked in.

Agreed his work is real craft, but you do have to keep trying to get hold of him, once its booked in then its usually fine from that point.

Phil 997 said:
AdeD said:
apollokre1d said:
AdeD said:

Agreed his work is real craft, but you do have to keep trying to get hold of him, once its booked in then its usually fine from that point.

Cheers guys, I'll persist till I get hold of him.

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for a reply ...I will try giving him a call. :lol:

Has anyone got any experience of these European companies offering similar online (ebay etc)?

I want a retrim but also to flatten the bottom of the steering wheel, which is offered by these companies in Lithuania and the such, but it's not particularly cheap.

Jay. said:
Has anyone got any experience of these European companies offering similar online (ebay etc)?

I want a retrim but also to flatten the bottom of the steering wheel, which is offered by these companies in Lithuania and the such, but it's not particularly cheap.

I am sure Linas can help with your flat bottom :grin: :grin:
Pretty sure he told me he was able to do that. :thumb:

e92 said:
I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for a reply ...I will try giving him a call. :lol:

An send him an email :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
e92 said:

An send him an email :thumb:

I've emailed both royal steering wheel and designls. Il probably go with the one that actually wants my business. I guess they must be busy and so can afford to not respond to potential customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back