Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

steering wheel upgrade

Rockunrolla

Albert Park
Hi , after seeing a few of you have 991 steering wheels on , id like a bit of that too ,,

questions is , my current is muti function with radio volume and telephone buttons I think,.

so if I found another with the same functions would it just plug and play ?

or
If I got a new wheel with no buttons on could I just hide my wires inside somewhere and would it throw any faults up ??

You'll also need the 991 airbag as I believe this is different to the 997.2 and further different to the 997.1

Its a straight swap and you shouldn't get any codes if you go from your old multi function to a new wheel as long as you have manual car, plus there are no wires to hide as the new wheel will come with new connectors.

Have a look at my progress thread as i have done a small walk through for changing it. I also got a new wheel from OPC and an airbag from the Airbag team and all in if you do the work yourself it should cost about 1k. :thumb:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124202&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Morning Dave, are you talking about the 997.2/991 sport wheel as my pic if so it didnt comewith a MF option and was on a stork so yes you can fit it and not have the MF options which is what I did as my arms are long enough to reach the PCM :floor:
the other option is to fit the 997.2 std wheel which did come with MF option and a black or silver fascia. if your is man then you shouldnt need a different steering control module (£250 if you did) but you will need a gen2 round airbag which fits the 997.2 and 991.1 but the wheel of the 991.2 is different althogether with a raised airbag.
If you have the 997.1 sport round steering wheel that round air bag wont fit the 997.2/991 wheel , but the 997.1 sport wheel and air bag are worth £450/500 on ebay so you could recoupe some of your outlay :thumb:

pic one was what was in my car ,pic 2 is what I changed to :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2059_282.jpg
    img_2059_282.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,817
  • img_1610_289.jpg
    img_1610_289.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,817

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members