Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good paint shop or spot repairs

gilessav

Spa-Francorchamps
Morning all,

Given the new year and MOT time in late Feb have decided to focus in on jobs needed for the C4S.

Two new tyres being fitted this week and just pricing up costs for new brake-lines on the car plus a 48k service so the wallet is about to take a battering (can I say that based on Phil Neville's experiences....)

I also have a small repair needed on rear bumper and more significant (assume re-spray) needed on front bumper.

Therefore any good recommendations around the Slough/Oxford areas for such work or a good mobile guy to look at it? I've heard 'little-knocks' in Hillingdon mentioned?

Any guess on front bumper re-spray costs (Basalt black car)?

thanks in advance,

cheers,

Giles.

Give Tyrone at Riviera Autobody a shout... based nr Wallingford, south of Oxford.
http://www.rivieraautobody.co.uk/
Lots of Porsche experience, top notch work, and reasonable hourly rate.

Cheers I may well do that as always good to have a recommendation.

The car is being serviced in Wallingford so could pop in when I pick it up on Monday!

Perfect... Tony Wright I presume.

Riviera is in Ewelme village, about 10 minutes from Tony's place. Tyrone did a fantastic job for me on a 993 many moons ago when he was at Specialized Paint in Reading.

As a ballpark, I paid £285 for a PU paint 3 yrs ago (not at Riviera though)

Have a small scratch that wont buff out on my front bumper that will likely need a repair & spray, would be interested to know how you get on!

Indeed it is with Tony/Chris at Wrightune. Have used them for years and well priced, reliable and very honest on what needs doing or not. No flashy workshop but years of experience which is the key for me!

will feedback on the paint bits once I've attended to that. first need to see how mush the 48k service and brake lines set me back, add to that new rear tyres and that's an expensive month.

I was hoping £4-500 would sort spot repair on rear bumper and PU re-spray so may be in the right ballpark it seems....

cheers.

I feel your pain and Tony must look forward to our visits (I too have a 4S looked after by him)... did a 100k service last year, inc plugs, tranny oil, and it failed MOT on CV boots.

Needs a new radiator fan, and rear discs, front ARB drop link, rear lower arm were noted as MOT advisories. Need to get busy with 101 Projects book and a socket set or Mrs B will start to question the cash outflow to the garage bunny!

agree they can be spendy but to be fair its costs me little the last 18months so I'm probably due

Every now and again I think of maybe moving it on but then take one look at the profile or see another one on the road and quickly change my mind again :D

Robertb said:
Give Tyrone at Riviera Autobody a shout... based nr Wallingford, south of Oxford.
http://www.rivieraautobody.co.uk/
Lots of Porsche experience, top notch work, and reasonable hourly rate.

+1 - did a great job on my old 968

Did not know that he had moved though! Good job I saw this one. He does a lot of work for local OPCs and classic Porsche work

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back