Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK and throttle reset procedure

shabs

Monza
Hi Guys,

On my new to me Gen 2 c4s I feel that the gears and throttle are a bit jerky, nothing major but just not to my liking.

I do know that the car had a full service including PDK fluid change last month.

Have read that you can reset the PDK and the throttle so its back to factory settings, does anyone have a definitive on how to do this?

I have read varying suggestions!!

Disconnect your battery. Wait 20 minutes. Reconnect and drive for 30-40 minutes for the relearn experience.

I recommend first driving your car until nice and warm. Then doing the disconnect. That way after reconnection your car will still be warm and well-oiled and you can drive it hard from the off.

You don't have to put it through a 5-minute warm up dawdle.

:thumbs:

i need to do this...

I find mine hunting when I'm about to come to a stop, I have been driving a Nissan version of a PDK for 9 years it didn't do this

R

Change the PDK transmission oil at least every 6 years too. I just had mine tested after 8 years and 35k miles and it was no longer fit for purpose.

Transmission fluid was changed last month. I will try the battery disconnect and reconnect after warming the car up. Seems simpler than some of the multi stage processes that I've read about!

shabs said:
Transmission fluid was changed last month. I will try the battery disconnect and reconnect after warming the car up. Seems simpler than some of the multi stage processes that I've read about!

Just to be clear...

I am not talking about the Pentosin FFL3 Clutch fluid that gets changed at 6 years. I am referring to the 75W-90 that gets changed at 12 years or 120k miles according to porsche schedule.

You can try the aircon off, aircon on version when you get bored.

As said this resets the pdk memory as such- but opc can do a pdk readaption and realign procedure on the pdk. I believe this adjusts internal clutch packs, and as a result smooths out a lot of the jerking you are on about 😎

Thanks for the advice guys.

Jcx... I will check which fluid was changed, my car is 8 years old, so probably the clutch fluid.

Will try the battery off option this weekend and if that doesn't do the trick...I still have a month of OPC warranty left, so presumably they may "fix" the issue with a redapt and realign procedure as per the previous post.

Go into OPC , say its got poor change .. hesitation at junctions etc .. lay it on thick .. they should do a software update under warrenty .

Thats about as good as it gets .

Demort said:
Go into OPC , say its got poor change .. hesitation at junctions etc .. lay it on thick .. they should do a software update under warrenty .

Thats about as good as it gets .

Agree with Iain, I have the latest update version installed at OPC and it's amazing. Gear changes are smooth as silk now. No more spine jarring shifts up the box and no more teeth marks in the steering wheel on the down shifts. Even dropping it into 1st. It's exactly like having a slipper clutch if you ride motorbikes.

I can't recommend it enough... you won't be disappointed

Thanks Guys, if the feeling is that it can be done via the warranty, I will call them tomorrow morning and post up the response/results. Would rather have updated software if possible.

shabs said:
Thanks Guys, if the feeling is that it can be done via the warranty, I will call them tomorrow morning and post up the response/results. Would rather have updated software if possible.

Lay it on thick .. your not happy .. something is wrong etc etc .. for some reason the OPC dont tend to like doing this under warrenty .

I will just drive it in rather than over the phone and then nag them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back