Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Keeping mods or change back to original?

silvermilnec

Guys what's people opinion on changing mods back to standard when selling?

Most of my mods are what could have been specified at factory.

Mine are painted seat backs, console tunnel, sill switch trim, leather to gear knob surround, handbrake and console lid embossed 'turbo" now I wouldn't change these back to standard but I was thinking of selling my triangle steering wheel but would people want the original wheel? I'm not thinking of selling the car but I'd sell the wheel to put towards possible future mods that phill no doubt will find for us :hand:

My interior below

Attachments

• e7389fe2_7345_4c6c_8737_b1474108a5db_174.jpeg
    e7389fe2_7345_4c6c_8737_b1474108a5db_174.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 4,207
  • 170b996c_3d60_4b08_82db_025a4e8c9015_119.jpeg
    170b996c_3d60_4b08_82db_025a4e8c9015_119.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 4,207
  • add0c35b_652e_495b_ae74_2f9f27deaebb_488.jpeg
    add0c35b_652e_495b_ae74_2f9f27deaebb_488.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 4,207
  • 18ce4bd0_413f_4ac3_ba5e_4e791d934d9d_302.jpeg
    18ce4bd0_413f_4ac3_ba5e_4e791d934d9d_302.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 4,207
Those mods are all very elegant and a huge improvement over standard without even looking like mods so I'd defiantly not worry and keep it how it is for ever and for resale :thumb:

I think that looks class. Keep it as it is.

Mods look great to me...

The teddy bear may object to being included with the sale however.

Chris, I think its very important that you have cash ready for the 2018 round of mods lol.
But in all honesty what you have done only enhanses the car and I really cant imagine anyone would want the triangle wheel over the gen2 wheel.
so sell it mate.
The car is looking the biz now mate a really nice well chosen set of mods. :thumb:

I wouldn't classify those changes as modifications, they're more like upgrades and enhancements. Make sure you list the costs of the spec improvements in the ad and it'll help shift the car.

Chris , on the subject of mods / enhancements for 2018 I think yours could benefit from doing the chrono cover and door spears in black paint mate :grin: :grin: :grin: :hand: :hand: :) 8) and maybe the dials cowel :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Phil 997 said:
Chris , on the subject of mods / enhancements for 2018 I think yours could benefit from doing the chrono cover and door spears in black paint mate :grin: :grin: :grin: :hand: :hand: :) 8) and maybe the dials cowel :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Just do one! :floor: honest I've never had a car I enjoy changing as much as this one, I've always been a stock man.

Thanks for everyone advice and nice comments :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

Just do one! :floor: honest I've never had a car I enjoy changing as much as this one, I've always been a stock man.

what only one :floor: I was expecting to be told to do far more than that mate :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

what only one :floor: I was expecting to be told to do far more than that mate :grin: :thumb:
:floor: :floor:

Sell the triangle s/wheel!

Your 'options' look fab btw :thumb:

Love that steering wheel. Ive done the red belts but now i think im going to have to get my steering wheel done the same.

You car looks lovely :thumb:

That all looks very subtle , and probably falls under what could be classed OEM+ - I'd be inclined to sell as is, if you chose to do so.

The only reason I'd be tempted to keep the original steering wheel would be if there was any likelihood of having a Porsche warranty on the car at time of sale.

cliffbase said:
Love that steering wheel. Ive done the red belts but now i think im going to have to get my steering wheel done the same.

You car looks lovely :thumb:

Cheers fella at £145 it's a great mod

I have kept everything that I have taken off, so I can put it back to stock if need be even the standard turbos.

I am not sure anyone would want that done come sale time, except maybe a sock & sandal martian geriatric :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back