Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S purchase

elan

I don't know them but if you assume they will need a chunk of work done to them then a cheeky bid may be in order.

It's a nice colour, at least on the outside. I suppose they are reaching the age and mileage where it might need a fair bit of work.

Contrary to what both adverts state the C4S is not a rare car. There are loads in the classifieds which should enable you to establish where the top bid should end up.

I wouldn't buy a 996 Carrera at any price without an independent PPI including a boreoscope.

I bought a black manual C4S from the same seller recently.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282769209961

He's honest in that he buys them from the auction house (most likely BCA), you turn up to pay your free to inspect test drive etc. Before agreeing to hand over the money. Mine does need some money spent on it, on the whole not too bad.

Good luck, by the way I prefer the grey interior, not s fan of beige. Let us know how it goes....

Hi Elan

what Terry said - whatever you buy get it inspected for bore-score; if its OK then as long as you have £3-5000 spare in your budget you should be fine. You are looking at cars that are 14+ years old so you'll need to spend a bit to make it 'just right'.

I bought mine for £22k 2 years ago and then spent nearly £5k over 2 years refreshing the whole suspension, new clutch etc. she now drives superb.

If you get it inspected and its fine then you can take 6-12 months getting it all sorted.

Lets of smiles in the miles in-between times m8. :thumb:

Let us all know how you get on - and dont be afraid to ask questions here BEFORE you buy; no daft questions when you are spending money - just questions m8

Osh

Thanks for your advice guys. I was going to have a cheeky bid and get it checked as they do allow you to check before payment. I may give it a miss and look through the normal route. The Mrs is happy to use a C4S rather than the X5 which is huge and not ideal in London. So with man maths I though we could swap the X5 with C4S :lol:

Are the C4S more prone to engine issues?

Is it the photos or is it more biscuit colour rather than beige? I am not a fan of beige!

elan said:

Is it the photos or is it more biscuit colour rather than beige? I am not a fan of beige!

The C4S is no more or less prone to issues than a standard 3.6 C2 or C4 as they all have the same engine.

That interior looks sandy brown (can't recall the official name) rather than savannah beige and is even less desirable.

T8 said:
elan said:

The C4S is no more or less prone to issues than a standard 3.6 C2 or C4 as they all have the same engine.

But be aware that some of the general parts cost more as they are the same ones as the Turbo, e.g. condensers, radiators, brakes. So running costs will potentially be more than a standard 3.6 C2 or C4.

alex yates said:

But be aware that some of the general parts cost more as they are the same ones as the Turbo, e.g. condensers, radiators, brakes. So running costs will potentially be more than a standard 3.6 C2 or C4.[/quote]

The thing that balances out all of that is that the C4S (especially the cab) has the best ares-end in the business.... :thumb: :grin:

Genuinely more smiles-per-mile from a C4S

Osh

:yes:

The interior colour is 'natural leather in brown'. It is darker than savannah beige or cinnamon brown (also an option at the time), which is a bit more reddish.

The natural leather was processed differently than standard and wears better apparently, with a nicer looking patina over time. It was an expensive extra when new and I've only seen it on one other car.

I think it looks good and suits the interior well. And another bonus is that you get less reflection on the windscreen on bright days, which can be an issue with savannah or sand (on the 997).

Anyone buy it? He's also got a nice looking silver C4S tip for sale too.

Jackzi said:
The interior colour is 'natural leather in brown'. It is darker than savannah beige or cinnamon brown (also an option at the time), which is a bit more reddish.

The natural leather was processed differently than standard and wears better apparently, with a nicer looking patina over time. It was an expensive extra when new and I've only seen it on one other car.

... So it is a rare car then :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back