Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which performance engine mounts

nikos525

At 60k I'm thinking about doing some preventative maintenance and replace the stock engine mounts to some performance ones.
Looking for any feedback as to which ones people recommend, have looked at the RSS ones, Rennline & 9Products - Solid or semi-solid :?:
Nick

Nik. I have used Rennline adjustable semis on my gen1 thought they were great I used the softest yellow or yellow .
other really like the RSS semis ,

I have recently been looking at the function first option, they use an OE engine mount filled with urethane which sounds very interesting but I have yet to fully investigate and read reviews

http://www.function-first.com/products/engine-trans/engine-mount-upgrade

Phil 997 said:
Nik. I have used Rennline adjustable semis on my gen1 thought they were great I used the softest yellow or yellow .

I have recently been looking at the function first option, they use an OE engine mount filled with urethane which sounds very interesting but I have yet to fully investigate and read reviews

I like the sound of those function-first mounts, not silly money either.

rhino-man said:
Phil 997 said:

I like the sound of those function-first mounts, not silly money either.

I agree its a promising option I just need to read the reviews and make sure they are as good as they seem in theory :thumb:

I'm glad you started this thread as it saved me the bother :grin:

This is a mod I wasn't going to do but, my suspension needs freshening up so, I'm going to get some h&r springs with new top mounts all around and get the engine mounts done at the same time.

Been meaning to do it for ages now but, money been put elsewhere ( not on drink or loose women) :grin:

I fitted a short shifter back in the summer and that was superb.

Am I correct in thinking the semi solid mounts will improve shifting ?

That's what I want :grin:

Alfaian said:

This is a mod I wasn't going to do but, my suspension needs freshening up so, I'm going to get some h&r springs with new top mounts all around and get the engine mounts done at the same time.

Been meaning to do it for ages now but, money been put elsewhere ( not on drink or loose women) :grin:

Yes Ian it will, and the trans mount insert even more but with some added NVH that may be too much for some people , I lived with the FF transmission mount insert for a year then removed it. from a thread on here from Alex the power flex trans insert has been modified now and has much less NVH

Phil 997 said:
Alfaian said:

Yes Ian it will, and the trans mount insert even more but with some added NVH that may be too much for some people , I lived with the FF transmission mount insert for a year then removed it. from a thread on here from Alex the power flex trans insert has been modified now and has much less NVH
I was aleways happy with the semi solid engine mount upgrade though :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Alfaian said:

Cheers phil.

Mines great at minute. No slop but notchy when cold ( normal) I'm still wanting a bit more from it and couldn't put my finger on it :frustrated:

This might be it.

Just love giving in the beans in 2nd 3rd 4th and sometimes 5th on the mountain roads which, are within 5mins :grin:

Phil 997 said:

Thanks Phil, I was looking at the Rennline adjustable ones. Mine is a tip & I don't track it, so I was thinking that instead of going for OEM I'll go for an upgraded mount with the softest setup, plus they must look cool in the engine bay :D

Thefinn said:
I was very happy with my RSS mounts when installed they improved shifty quite a bit making it less sloppy :thumb:

Nice one Finn :thumb:

If I balance the blips right, I can get the engine to rock the back end , which I find amusing and also very cool :grin:

Maybe it shouldn't but the sound and the little twitch shows how aggressive these cars really are :grin:

Alfaian said:
Thefinn said:
I was very happy with my RSS mounts when installed they improved shifty quite a bit making it less sloppy :thumb:

Nice one Finn :thumb:

If I balance the blips right, I can get the engine to rock the back end , which I find amusing and also very cool :grin:

Maybe it shouldn't but the sound and the little twitch shows how aggressive these cars really are :grin:

I think we all do that mate :thumb:

I was also supposed to write shifting but spell check got me

Shifty :coat:

Fitted Rennline semi solid mounts and love them. :thumb

Started off on the medium blue inserts but currently running the yellow ones as wanted to play around with difference in NVH. Unfortunately I removed the powerflex gearbox mounts as the same time as switching the engine mount inserts as they were the old design and made a helluva noise so not sure how much the reduction in noise was due to the engine mounts.

Might switch back to blue soon and see... either way much much better than OE mounts

Attachments

• img_4365_194.jpg
    img_4365_194.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 5,137
Mikee Quickstep said:
Fitted Rennline semi solid mounts and love them. :thumb

Started off on the medium blue inserts but currently running the yellow ones as wanted to play around with difference in NVH. Unfortunately I removed the powerflex gearbox mounts as the same time as switching the engine mount inserts as they were the old design and made a helluva noise so not sure how much the reduction in noise was due to the engine mounts.

Might switch back to blue soon and see... either way much much better than OE mounts
Love 'em :thumbs:

nikos525 said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks Phil, I was looking at the Rennline adjustable ones. Mine is a tip & I don't track it, so I was thinking that instead of going for OEM I'll go for an upgraded mount with the softest setup, plus they must look cool in the engine bay :D

Yes the good thing is you can play around with them Carrara monkey is running blue over yellow and he loves it. Looks Like Mike was running Blue and now Yellow I ran with Yellow so plenty of options to get it just how you want it for you. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back