Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Factory Badging or ?

Jam911

Albert Park
I have a Friday "please post your 2 penneth" about the rear badge on my C4S

I recently snapped the S in half washing my car and I have three options:

1 - Replace the S

2 - Remove all rear script.

3 - Replace the rear script with a chrome 911 badge I got from Ebay.

Well?

My preference = 1,3,2

Go red with the new S.

4. On no account remove all the plastic badges and add a Porsche vinyl sticker ... (sorry this image is the best I have to hand!)

Attachments

• 20171222_191125_resized_192.jpg
    20171222_191125_resized_192.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 4,924
If you purchased the 911 badge as you were thinking of changing before the 'S' snapped then now's your chance. :dont know:

Personally? I'd replace the 'S' as I prefer the OEM look.

It's a personal thing.

If it were my car then I'd keep it original.

2 - Remove all rear script.

Much prefer them de-badged personally.

1 or 3 both are OEM options :D

911 Badge gets my vote.

It's "cleaner".

weebz said:
1 or 3 both are OEM options :D

Erm - so is 2. Indeed, for a 997.1 the 911 badge (option 3) wasn't actually an OEM option when the car was new, so if originality was your thing: 1 or 2 (default or the delete option)...

But anyway, personally I think that 2, 3, 1 would be my order of preference on that one - no model inscription works well on a 997 and the 911 emblem is a decent compromise which suits as well as the other 3 character script models (GT2, GT3 and GTS).

At least is isn't like the 991 though, on which the the worst case would be the ridiculous "PORSCHE 911 Carrera 4 GTS" - the most over-badged car on the roads. You have to go with no model inscription on those as anything more than the Porsche text looks silly and there isn't a standard option to delete that part from new.

IMHO........ no.1.......4S needs to on the car somewhere.

You could go with the 911 and have Carrera 4S at the bottom of the doors like some GTS's....but that depends on the colour of the car I think.

Similar debate about the 991. A few people have commented that the original looks a little "Busy" and have advocated a de-badge, but I have seen an example and it looks too naked for my taste.

P.S. if you go "naked"...at least it will be easier to polish :D

If its an OEM car, just put on it what should be on it.

If its modified car put on it what your initial thoughts where when you busted it !!

Original, stick another S on it.

Put it back as it should be they look best like that, I did same with mine when it happened, don't like to see them messed with. Just my two peneth :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back