Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dash light bulbs

Delanor

Has anyone successfully changed the OE Dash light bulbs for something a little brighter/clearer - maybe LED`s?

Del.

I haven't yet, but I need to take my dashboard out as the odometer bulb has died. Removing the dashboard is really easy to do fortunately.

MC

Do a search, I'm sure there was a thread on fitting LEDs.

be really careful with the ribbon pcb when changing the bulbs, on mine it had become really fragile with age and a couple of the tracks broke and they are not cheap to replace

I changed mine for white LEDs a couple of years ago. It wasn't that tricky but I hated it and changed them back.

It's not too difficult but take care as they say above. Also, I seem to remember it is easy to mark the leather on the dash console if you're not careful.

I guessed that White maybe a bit too much so I was going to try Orange/Yellow LED`s to brighten it up a bit.

Del.

Delanor said:
I guessed that White maybe a bit too much so I was going to try Orange/Yellow LED`s to brighten it up a bit.

Del.

Yes - that was the problem. Am sure you can find something to please your eye but I found white to be too bright and too `modern`.

There are a few posts on rennlist that cover this with pics I think?

Alun

I went for three colours, bit like a golf I was in years ago had red and blue, I went to white for speed as the red was too dim during the day.

Attachments

• speedo_200.jpg
    speedo_200.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,871
Are they all T5 bulbs just a different wattage and how many is there to change?

Del.

There are three t5 for the mile/speed/clock lights.

The speedo and tacho are t10 push in bulbs, make sure these are wide angle with the leds around the side and top

The backlight for oil and volts are again t5

so total 5 x t5 and 2 x t10

:thumb: Thanks - all has become clear I will get a selection of colours and see which looks best.

Del.

Could you post some pictures Of The options/results? My volts bulb is out but the whole lot are pretty dim on full blast so might go for a change..

Will do - if you change the dash bulbs to LED`s do they still dim down on the dimmer button?

Del.

yes LEDs dim, but to fair at full brightness they arent bright

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back