Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wet windows on cab

Rockunrolla

Albert Park
Hi , another little thing I've noticed (last one )
On the long sunny drive home after collecting my car today is every time the front windows go down they come up soaking wet on the inside !!!
Any usual suspect causes of this please ??

Basically its either the top inner window trim .. its felt and tucked down a bit thats wet .. not much you can do about this.

Or part of the cable on the window reg has a rubber outer sleeve that is kinda corrigated.

If this part comes out of its retaining clip it will rub against the window causeing streaks .

Its a strip and invetigate job so add it to the PASM fault :)

BTW ive not seen you post in ages ? or have i just missed you posting ?

Been away for 18months , just came back last week as bought another 911 (picked up today ) for a daily drive that's more driver engaging that my last few and current cars :thumb:

Demort said:
BTW ive not seen you post in ages ? or have i just missed you posting ?

He saw the light :lol:

Rather strangely i had a car in today with the same symptoms ..

Its not the inner seal its the outer one and its below where you can get at ..

Basically the seal needs blowing off with an airline .... the seal gets wet and takes a while to dry out .. theres no fix other than drying it .

Mines booked in at opc Monday for all new window seals and pasm

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back