Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold. 997 GT2 RS intercoolers for sale

IMI A

Used GT2 RS intercoolers £600 in very good condition

Super upgrade for mapped 996 or 997.1 turbo.

Please call Ken at 9e who's selling them on my behalf on 01293 226911

They can also be fitted by 9e by separate arrangement

Attachments

• g5oowo9o_195.jpg
    g5oowo9o_195.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3,359
apollokre1d said:
What did you replace them with :)

Ken wanted to stick some larger intercoolers on. Do88 big pack. Good for applications above 700hp-800hp

GT2 RS coolers are brilliant up to 650bhp.

Oh nice, I am also going to go straight to those Do88.
Are you upgrading or changing anything else at the same time?

apollokre1d said:
Oh nice, I am also going to go straight to those Do88.
Are you upgrading or changing anything else at the same time?

No the only difference between running 650 bhp and 800 bhp is race fuel with a race map Ken has recently custom developed because I was nagging him to - 9e run the GT2 RS hybrid VTGS in a completely different way - don't ask me how as Ken very cagey because no-one can make VTG cars run this fast safely without meth injection apart from 9e/Proto :D

The new race map has taken 0-300kph from 28 secs down to 23 secs on my car but I have cats. Oz's catless car running 0-300kph in 20 secs. All on stock engine. Thats similar straight-line pace to a 720 S or 991 GT2 RS (both my fave cars at the mo particularly the Macca) both of which have auto boxes so they have real advantage with acceleration times.

Oh I spoke to him about that but did not know he had finished it. So you can run race fuel and change the map for it using the sport button in your car yourself without having to download a new map?

If so that is pretty neat :)

apollokre1d said:
Oh I spoke to him about that but did not know he had finished it. So you can run race fuel and change the map for it using the sport button in your car yourself without having to download a new map?

If so that is pretty neat :)

I wasn't so bothered about having switching of maps on a button - easy to do via a laptop. Takes less than 5 mins to swap maps but yes I believe 9e can put the MS109 race map on sport mode via SC and pump fuel road map in non sport mode if you want. If you're maybe going for 9e 28 power kit ask Ken for 991 GT2 RS VTGs when they become available - they move the VTG game on to next level as far as I'm aware.

Bump. These are now off the car and ready to go. Adam at 9e confirmed they are in very good condition.

These are original Porsche supplied items with Porsche stamp on box etc not copies like many of the GT2 RS intercoolers for sale I've seen in the classifieds. Lots of people advertising GT2 RS intercoolers but they're defo not the real deal.

These are now sold. Just a word of warning.

I've seen other new "GT2 RS" intercoolers for sale on this site. Unless they come in a Porsche box when new or buying used from a reputable source they are not GT2 RS or .2 intercoolers - they're more likely fakes which look identical but are made out of lower quality material with lesser thermal tolerances. Chinese are pretty good at copying things and sticking on "made in "spain" or "germany" etc!

As an aside I have some 997.1 intercoolers which would be a good upgrade if your stock 996 or 996 turbo s ever get a leak in their intercoolers and you never plan to map the car. They're far better than 996 turbo or X50 intercoolers £400 for the pair. Again reach out to Ken at 9e if you want them.

IMI A said:

I've seen other new "GT2 RS" intercoolers for sale on this site. Unless they come in a Porsche box when new or buying used from a reputable source they are not GT2 RS or .2 intercoolers - they're more likely fakes which look identical but are made out of lower quality material with lesser thermal tolerances. Chinese are pretty good at copying things and sticking on "made in "spain" or "germany" etc!

As an aside I have some 997.1 intercoolers which would be a good upgrade if your stock 996 or 996 turbo s ever get a leak in their intercoolers and you never plan to map the car. They're far better than 996 turbo or X50 intercoolers £400 for the pair. Again reach out to Ken at 9e if you want them.

You make a fair point about fake Chinese intercoolers, but I'm not sure I agree about not genuine GT2 RS intercoolers if its not come from a Porsche box. Im sure you are aware that Porsche themselves do not manufacture intercoolers, instead they buy them from a third party that manufacture intercoolers for many makes and models of cars. So if someone was to find the OEM manufacturer for the GT2 RS intercoolers they would essentially get the same exact GT2 RS intercooler as if they bought it directly from Porsche. :thumbs:

Please delete. Double post

IMI A said:

I know there are a lot of broadly similar ones around, but this is the first that I have heard of fake ones stamped up to look the same. Do you have any other information on these and how to spot them?

MC

I don't believe there is any way of telling other than sticking them on the same car on same day and running around a track. Your IATs will tell the story..

Just buy from a reputable source. Fleabay etc or Design 911 buyers be warned.

How hard do you think it is to stick Denso or NRF or whatever on bit of packaging? Chinese are doing the same with all luxury items. Anyone fancy a bit of cheap Jonny Walker Black Label?! You get what you pay for.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back