Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Renewal time - Classicline ?

Re: Insurance Renewal time - Classicline still the forum's N

Ponyboy Curtis said:
Hi Chaps.
£472 being quoted on my C4S. Meh.
About right or alternatives?!

Seems good to me. Less than what I'm paying with Footman James

With the current values of 993 that's the right ball park, you may get better value elsewhere, . Used to be much cheaper, but that's when 993s were 20k cars. Get a valuation and check you are insured for the right amount and have agreed valuation in the quote.

I still use Classic Line, I pay less than £472 but mileage limited to 5,000pa so comparisons not always that easy.

Best for me on a 997, and no claims bonus not required.

Pretzel said:
I still use Classic Line, I pay less than £472 but mileage limited to 5,000pa so comparisons not always that easy.

Ditto with Classicline. £50k value, 5k miles per annum, garaged at home, all for £238.68 :thumb:

C.

As posted here before, Admiral classic car. Much better value for me in London.

I switched to them last year - my previous insurer ramped up their premiums for no apparent reason whereas ClassicLine were much lower and don't require the tracker either (saving over £200 and making the cost difference even more pronounced).

Adrian Flux worked out best for my classic policy, and they secured an agreed value (which for me is the most important thing about the policy)

Not impressed with Classicline actually....

Given feedback on this thread, I requested a quote. On line would not give me a quote. Eventually got a call and quote, which was ok....

I had 2 weeks until renewal and asked if they can agree value of my car and then if agreed, will proceed with premium and extra for agreed value.

They confirmed this was acceptable. I sent my form and pics for r agreed value, but never heard anything back. I also requested a summary of the quote, but did not receive this either.

Chased again, but not heard anything. Left with no choice but to go elsewhere!

:thumb: From me @£274 it's up ~£8 from last year but with EU cover, Breakdown cover and UK track day cover I can't complain :grin:

:eek: I didn't even haggle this year :what:

Renewal time for me this month

Living in East London post code has never been cheap , regardless of car :frustrated:

47, max protected NCB, Tracker ,garaged.

I'm through Lockton , coming in a whisker over £1k.

Fantastic policy , European breakdown worth a lot , esp with Dinslaken and Spa trips last (this) year . PCGB trackday covered....
They gave me a "real" Porsche windscreen on the old car without quibbling.

BUT .... It's a limited mileage policy. 7,500 pa,. Which I just about scrape.
It's a 2nd car for weekends , though roadtrip miles mount up :?

Any other firms similar to Lockton / Chubb I can try ?

Seventy Seven said:
Not impressed with Classicline actually....

Given feedback on this thread, I requested a quote. On line would not give me a quote. Eventually got a call and quote, which was ok....

I had 2 weeks until renewal and asked if they can agree value of my car and then if agreed, will proceed with premium and extra for agreed value.

They confirmed this was acceptable. I sent my form and pics for r agreed value, but never heard anything back. I also requested a summary of the quote, but did not receive this either.

Chased again, but not heard anything. Left with no choice but to go elsewhere!

Did you pay the 24 quid fee? Otherwise it won't go further, does state this on form :thumb:

I have a multicar policy with aviva. Pork alone is £470ish. The deciding factor for me is who are their approved body shops. Luckily the local Porsche/ Aston/Ferrari approved Place (chartwells) is on their list.

The wife's Audi will look a little out of place when it's in next week for a car park ding!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back