Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Sports Seats - What are they worth?

apollokre1d

Paul Ricard
Hi, I am thinking of buying the carbon folding buckets for the 997 and exchanging them for the 18 way adjustable hardback sports seats currently in the car.
The seats have wear on the drivers side but they are not damaged. The other side of the seat as well as the passenger seats are okay.

Any idea what these might be worth approximately?

They were a £1700 option on mine when new.
£250/£300 each does not seem unreasonable - depends on colour :thumb:

Cheers for the reply mate.
Wow i thought they were more new, they are black but at that price maybe i should hold onto them.

Thanks again :)

The passenger seat on mine failed to go forward or back - new switches required - not one but three :bandit:

Switch (seat adjuster without memory) £297 and vat
2 control buttons a £20 each and vat.

Charged £54 for the fitting --- I use Revolution Porsche at Brighouse

I would say 1- 1.5k depending on condition and color.

I bought some 18-way sports seats with alcantara centers for 1k.

Thanks so much, 1K was about what I think they are worth given the wear on the drivers side. Other than that they are working perfectly.
If i do not get the carbon seats I might get them refurbished with alcantara centers like yours :)

Plenty advertised at unrealistic prices. They are really worth what someone is willing to pay... The easiest way would be to put them on ebay with a reserve that you would be happy with and let the bidding commence. They will soon find their true second hand value. ;)

Be sure and factor in the sellers fee on your reserve.

C.

cableguy said:
Plenty advertised at unrealistic prices. They are really worth what someone is willing to pay... The easiest way would be to put them on ebay with a reserve that you would be happy with and let the bidding commence. They will soon find their true second hand value. ;)

Be sure and factor in the sellers fee on your reserve.

C.

Fair point, in my case I might be exchanging them for buckets (plus the difference in cash) so just wanted to get an "approximate" idea on what to ask for them.

Understood. Unfortunately most parts dealers seem to think their parts are sprinkled with gold dust these days, particularly classic or premium brand parts, hence the market place is littered with overpriced parts.

Ebay is unfortunately still the best arena to get your parts seen. You may have to put up with a few idiots offering you a tenner and a bag of crisps for your advertised item but there are still plenty of genuine buyers out there.

If you did decide to advertise then as I mentioned set a reserve. If they don't sell then no worries, you will only have a small advertisement fee to pay. ;)

C.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the advice and tips. I will let you know how i get on encase anyone else is interested :)

You and your black turbo warrant carbon seats

Good to chat

Hope it works out to your satisfaction :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back