Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Emission control warning light

Rob6

Hi - not sure if I need to worry or not?

Drove my 2007, 997 to work this morning and after about 5 miles the orange warning light in the shape of an engine popped up with some words that I cant remember exactly but they mentioned taking the car to the workshop. That seemed pretty scary, but then the light went off. After about 5 seconds it came on again, then went off for a short while, then came on again so I pulled over and turned the engine off. I waited about 10 minutes and started her up, and no warning light so I drove fairly slowly to work.
No sign of the light on the way home tonight, and I drove at normal speed.

Is this common, does anyone know? and do I need to get it checked out?

Thanks

You need to get the error codes read from the ECU to give you an idea where to go from there.

toffeeman said:
You need to get the error codes read from the ECU to give you an idea where to go from there.
Can any good garage get this data or does it need to be a Porsche place?

It will depend on the code reader they have. If they can only get OBD codes and not manufacturer specific then you may mis something. Code readers that I know will talk to Pirsche are Snap-On, Autel and Durametric as well as the dealer tool. There are likely to be others as well. Do you have a Porsche Indy near you?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back