Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full service due - what parts do I need...??

Osh

Paul Ricard
Evening guys

So its coming up to service time and, this time, my P&J is going to need a full service. I prefer to buy my own parts and ensure she gets only the best – so what is needed for a full service...??

Anyone able to give me a full list...?? :?:

Ta chaps

oil & filter
air filter
pollen filter
spark plugs

have you had your gearbox & front diff. oil done previously Osh?

Also, brake fluid if not done recently.

What mileage are you on now? Don't know if you want to consider a change in engine oil as it's a 3.6 and possibly prone to bore-scoring. Are you still on mobil 1 or something a bit thicker?

alex yates said:
oil & filter
air filter
pollen filter
spark plugs

have you had your gearbox & front diff. oil done previously Osh?

Also, brake fluid if not done recently.

What mileage are you on now? Don't know if you want to consider a change in engine oil as it's a 3.6 and possibly prone to bore-scoring. Are you still on mobil 1 or something a bit thicker?

Evening Alex and thanks for such a prompt reply.

Will do all filters and spark plugs and she'll have brand new Millers Nano, too. Had gearbox and diff oil 2 years ago - will that need changing again...?? If you recall I had brand new brake discs and pads at the time (along with suspension refresh - will get them to check the brake fluid, too...

Anything else you can think of...?? Its MOT time, too.... :thumbs:

Ta m8 :thumb:

Osh

Gearbox and diff. oils will be fine. Only other things maybe worth considering are possibly engine mounts if you're on your originals and possibly fitting a powerflex gearbox mount as the original maybe getting a bit saggy now.

alex yates said:
Gearbox and diff. oils will be fine. Only other things maybe worth considering are possibly engine mounts if you're on your originals and possibly fitting a powerflex gearbox mount as the original maybe getting a bit saggy now.

Ta m8
Think I'll do them later... :thumb:

How much, roughly, do they cost m8....??

Osh

I paid £194 for 2 delivered back in 2015 from design911. The powerflex insert is £28.

Lots of lovely Millers Nano on order... 8)

Come on my lovely

Osh

What sort of state are the coil packs in... if you are getting the plugs done anyway the additional parts cost is not huge.

Osh, opie oil have a 15% code SALE15 makes 10ltr Millers nano 10w50 £98 with free del :thumb:

hope you spotted that mate

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back