Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 turbo v 997 turbo

Presenter has had a charisma bypass and is unwatchable - other than that brill :hand:

They need to get out of London and drive these things properly. Some film of them hooning round some alpine hairpins may have given some credibility, bimbling around London over a few speed bumps just looked a bit silly.
If all he wanted wanted was an auto box and decent aircon, he needs to get another car. I'd categorize him as one of those owners who enjoys owning it much more than actually using the thing. Nice pair of cars though, totally wasted in a city.

I love the 964 3.6 Turbo...trouble is they are rare and very expensive.

Alfaian said:
Been watching a few vids on YouTube tonight ( Porsche ) and came across this one.

Thought it was really good.

https://youtu.be/_sEhsBh5q5k

That video was nearly as bad as watching the newest version of Bladerunner.

What a poor video of a couple of Turbo's, with a couple of squares doing 30 mph over speed humps.

:frustrated:

I have to admit though, air-con and light clutch along with good visibility and places for an air freshener where all the deciding factors when I bought my turbo :nooo: not :nooo:

I shall keep my comments private then as I rather enjoyed it lol. Just was nice to hear about the comparison on the both cars. Loverly cars which should be driven more often that I agree on.

Reminds me of a 'supercar gang' from a few years ago over on PistonHeads who used to meet regularly to go for a drive. Where did they go for their drive? To the rural countryside? To North Wales? To The Lake District? Nope, they'd regularly meet up in their Lamborghini's/Ferrari's/Porsche's/Aston's etc and go into Central London, often posting in-car video's of shreiking women and passers by bukkaking over their 'rides'.

I used to take great pleasure in winding them up with their choices of venue and boy racer driving skills, all very pantomime and embarrassing.

Never seen this guy before and hope not to stumble across him again.

To quote; "So, um, the immediate difference between my car (964) and Gavin's car (997) is the steering wheel adjusts towards you and up and down which mine doesn't. And electric seats - really nice!"

And apparently in the 997 you have to "come 95% off of the clutch to engage the gear" - that to me says the clutch is on its way out.

What an incredible insight! Can't believe Amazon Prime AND the BBC missed this guy!! :floor:

squelch said:
Never seen this guy before and hope not to stumble across him again.

To quote; "So, um, the immediate difference between my car (964) and Gavin's car (997) is the steering wheel adjusts towards you and up and down which mine doesn't. And electric seats - really nice!"

And apparently in the 997 you have to "come 95% off of the clutch to engage the gear" - that to me says the clutch is on its way out.

What an incredible insight! Can't believe Amazon Prime AND the BBC missed this guy!! :floor:

Quite, so shall we Que the music....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE

I have recently fallen in love with the 964 Turbo...

...I think I am becoming obsessed...

... in the long run, I think it is going to be a very costly affair...

...but I am looking forward to the ride...

(and if there are any members on this forum with one that can take me for a spin one day that would be great and also reinforce my feelings...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back